Monday, December 08, 2008

December 8 2008




Yes we are still alive, although if you're counting Blog entries from us you might not be convinced. We had a great trip to Arkansas. Here's a picture of the kids with Santa at the Bass Pro Shop in Branson. And Jeron reading the Sunday paper with Papa here in Logan. It's been fun to have him here. What a cute little guy! He makes us laugh all day.

Christmas is coming up fast. We can't wait to have everyone here. This will be the first time in 3 years the whole family has been together. We're very excited to be with all of you. We always have fun together.

While in Arkansas Veda's friend helped us choose names for the adult Christmas stockings. She should have e-mailed each of you and told you who you have by now. If not, let Veda know. We need a spending limit for the socks. Heather and I talked about $30. Does that sound reasonable?

Also, all you warm weather birds, remember it's winter in Logan. We have coats for the kids and gloves for Jaxon and Jeron. Leave the California sandals home and the Arkansas light sweaters. You're comin' to the mountains! It snowed here this morning and there's supposed to be more snow today and another storm over the weekend. Maybe we'll have a white Christmas!

Heather had a suggestion for Christmas morning and I liked it so much I'm making an executive decision to do the gifts this way this year. She said the Haggart family starts with the youngest child and lets him open his gifts first, then the next youngest and so on. We could let the kids take turns. That would be fun too. When the kids are all finished they may go play with their toys while the adults open gifts. I like this mainly because it's going to be very crowded in our little front room where we put the tree. It will help to let the kids move out after their opening is done.

Remember to bring your own Christmas stockings. I have 5 extras, but they're sort of small. Cade already has his stocking hung up here. He's determined that I will never experience a Christmas without the ugly homemade Christmas stockings I so foolishly made those many years ago. I truly thought they would eventually disappear. If you haven't had the good sense to throw yours away by now, I suppose I'll have more of them to tolerate when you all arrive.

Finally I need grocery suggestions for food the kids will eat...mainly stuff like preferred cereal, snacks, etc.

That's all I can think of for now. We love you and will see you soon!

1 comment:

Veda said...

You want a list...really? I thought you just pumped them full of sugar and then wish us luck as you send them home!