Friday, September 05, 2008

Sep 5 2008




Who can name everyone in the family photo? This is one of the great pictures Ray is putting on CD. Guess what you all get to see at Christmas????

Also thanks for the lovely bouquet you all sent last week when I had my knee scoped. They are beautiful...more beautiful fresh than when I finally got around to taking this picture for you. Thanks for your sweet thoughtfulness.

Yes we have finally purchased a second car as I'm sure you all heard by now. It's time to give the old Avalanche a well deserved rest. We pick up the new Camry in Rexburg next Friday when we go to Mark's son's wedding (Ryan). Do you all want your name on the card?

Dad got his final colonoscopy report today. All is good. Next one in 7 years. And the really good news...we don't have another doctor appointment for THREE WEEKS!

I'm thinking about family fitness again. I think we should start a new one. Here's my idea. We had such fun on our cruise with Cade and Andi that I really think it would be fun to start saving for a family cruise. What if we agreed that EVERYONE would donate $10 a month to a family account online (I can't even think of the name of the place let alone know how to do this...we are taking volunteers.) Then we could have monthly fitness goals and for everyone who meets their goal Dad and I would
donate another $10. Here are some goals I've been thinking about:

1. Exercise (your choice) 3x/week for at least 30 min
2. Eat recommended # servings fruits/veggies at last 5 days/week (help Beckie...how many should we eat?)
3. Meet your weight loss goal at least 3 weeks during the month. (You choose the goal...lose, gain (ha, ha) or stay the same)

Those 3 goals seem fairly easy to track and worth pursuing. I'll look forward to your inevitable feedback. What have I done in the last 30 plus years that hasn't sparked some feedback from my children? Sister? Husband? Always a learning experience.

Last year when we did the Fitness I loved tracking it. Would the Professor volunteer again?

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Shawn and Veda have a good time on the ark. Love you all.

7 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

I'm way in! Sounds fun. Let me know if I need to create some kind of sticker tracking chart for everyone.

The 'Rents said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veda said...

Hey, I love the new look! Happy Grandparent's day! You do an amazing job. Jaxon continually asks when you are coming for a visit! Sometimes he even includes Nana when he asks!

Veda said...

I love the F3 (Family Fitness Fun) Program. Happy to chart data, too. As was discussed in Phoenix several months ago, what if we get sticker charts for the family wanting to participate for daily recording keeping. Then, on Fast Sunday of each month, we send the report and create new charts. This might reduce the time demands while still letting us, and enjoy, our success.

For the savings, I like ING, Inc. We have had a savings account with them for 6 years and have been completely happy with it. They also tend to have much higher interest rates than traditional banks.

I like the healthy eating aspect. But will only do this if Becca will give me an easy to understand and use rule for determining a serving of fruits and vegetables.

glo said...

Totally jealous of the music. Still won't load on my blog. I'm very annoyed.

Anyway - I'm in - I need some help in getting my fitness (and body) back to acceptable levels. By the way, 5 fruits/vegetables per day is the current recommendations. The guideline is that one serving is what fits in your fist without falling out. So, one handful of salad or cooked vegetables or one whole of something about the size of your fist.

JC Photography said...

I miss you guys! Look like life is treating you well. Linda-mom, hope your recovery is going well. Good luck on the F3 Program and trip. Sounds like a great idea!

Veda said...

Just to let you all know...it is not hard, at all, to eat five servings of fruit and vegetables a day...using my special program. Send me $5.99, plus shipping & handling ($19.99) and I'll send you my patented fruit and vegetable measure.

(Not to give an actual size casting of Jeron's hand in a cupped shape! Perfect! It barely holds 1 grape.)