Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sept 2 08






Well, here you have pictures of Mom's knee before the stitches were taken out (lovely view, don't you think?), Grandma's picture with the new frame on it, the picture hanging in the dining room (seemed only appropriate, that's where Grandma had it for years) and Dad trying to look cheerful while preparing for his colonoscopy tomorrow.

Friday Sharon and Ray came up and kept us company all day. Cade and Andi came over for dinner (Dad and Ray got takeout) and we all had a great time. We looked at pictures from our cruise and also pictures Ray has put onto a disc from Grandpa's old slides. What a great thing for our family to have. He gave me a disk and I have also added them to my iphoto. Will include a sample on the next blog.

Saturday Dad and I got so desperate for entertainment we went to "Errand of Angels." One word: predictable. Let's see. If I were to make a movie about sister missionaries I would probably have a sweet sister who has dreamed of a mission all her life. meets first wonderful companion, second companion is problematic, sweet sister learns to love difficult companion, finishes mission and returns to BYU. I'm serious. That's the plot. No surprises.

Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting and got a calling and were asked to speak in Sacrament mtg Sept 14. We are officially, sustained and everything, Primary teacher substitutes. Funny as this is, I've said all along the only calling I wanted was to be a substitute. Without even waiting for me to give this little speech I had all prepared, they just went and called us to the perfect calling. Don't you just hate bishoprics like that? I also went Visiting Teaching with my companion for the first time (she's very young but very cute) and visited one sister (we only have two). This ward is just ridiculous. I like my companion and the sister we visited. How can anyone ever be happy in a place like this?

Monday we went on a nice drive to Salt Lake with Cade and Andi. And today I got the stitches out of my knee and the ok from the doctor to do any activity I want to do. That's my idea of a perfect day. My knee has healed very nicely and he said I have good movement and there's not even a need for follow-up physical therapy. He showed us the pictures the camera took inside my knee. That was really interesting. We could see all the stuff they cleaned up and why it was necessary. Modern technology is really pretty cool.

Now Dad is in the midst of his prep for his colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Hopefully now we'll get a little respite from all this medical stuff.

1 comment:

Veda said...

Congratulations, we are glad to hear that you are officially ready to go shopping again! :)
I just want to know how I can get your calling!