Just wanted to show you all that even in times of economic stress progress is still possible. This is the park behind our house and it is free of WEEDS! These pieces of machinery have been working diligently to clear the park of the vegetation that has grown uninhibited for the past several years. We don't know if that means they'll do anything else to it, like put in a sprinkling system or perhaps even plant grass, but we're just happy not to see 5-foot high weeds outside our windows for a while. Never thought I'd appreciate the sight of good old dirt quite so much.
We had a few very enthusiastic responses to the F3 Fitness Proposal. Thanks to all who considered it and responded. Now the question is should we start right away or wait until after the holidays? Also, what about the ones who did not respond? Does that mean they're not interested or just not reading the Blog? Do we proceed with those who are interested or campaign to get the whole fam on board?
Dad started the new treatment for his arthritis last week. We had planned to go to Idaho this week but decided to stay closer to the doctor. He's doing fine, but it's new and there could be a reaction. Also the doc counseled him to avoid infections at all costs for the first little while. He gets the next infusion Oct 15 and then another one when we get home from Australia. After that he will only get them every 2 months. In case I have overlooked telling anyone about this, he is receiving Remikade infusions. He gets them at the doctor office through an IV and it takes 2-3 hours to complete every time he goes. We've been considering this for a long time but had trouble getting Blue Cross (supplemental insurance) to approve it. The doctor finally called them and got it approved. Dad already feels that the swelling in his hands and feet is improving.
We are all set for our trip to Australia and getting very excited. We leave Oct 22 and return Nov 8. I'll send an itinerary and emergency phone numbers before we leave.
Dad and I both had great birthdays and thank you all for your lovely cards and gifts. I love my ipod touch and play with it constantly, at home and in the car. I also love the new dishes and books. Thanks for being the best family ever. We love you all so much!




5 comments:
Hope the new treatments will make life a bit easier. Hopefully, one day you will be able to see a park from your back window. Love you tons!
I am so excited about the park! Yeah!
There was a family fitness challenge?
Kids don't need anything but a big ol' pile o' dirt to keep them entertained for awhile. haha Sure glad I found you here from Becca's blog. Hope things are well and thank you so much for letting us stay at your place even without Becca. Hope your trip is fantastic!!
Darold & Christine
Yep.$1. I totally get that.
I miss you guys a lot.
Post a Comment