We had a great trip to Williamsburg with Rebecca and Ryker. What an interesting area. Learned a whole lot about our country's history. Becca was a little disappointed in how quickly the old folks wear out any more. Lots of walking and humidity certainly decrease the energy level in all of us past 60. Ryker was sooooo good. What an adorable little guy! It was really a fun trip.
Got a surprise visit to Bear Lake last week. Dad realized he had a week that had to be used before Oct 30. So we spent it in Bear Lake. The unit was great and so was the weather. Shock on both items! We all loved being there. We also visited the old condo spot with Heather last summer. Everyone agrees it's a great place for the kids. We found a place we could rent for 4 nights for $200 per family. It sleeps 20 people so we would all be able to stay in the same place. Would you be interested in seeing if we could reserve it next summer? They start taking reservations in January. We even talked about seeing if Joan and fam would be interested in scheduling next year's Pitts reunion there. What do you think? I'll send pamphlets for you to look at.
Speaking of plans...we're getting very excited for Christmas. Dad and I (tactful way of saying this is something I want) think it's about time for a new family photo. Christmas would be fun but I don't know if we'll have everyone here on any one day except Christmas. Last time we had a photo of everyone Lindsay Kunz (Miller) took it on Christmas Day. Unfortunately I can't find anyone that cooperative in Logan. I'll make some more calls and see what I can find. If not Christmas maybe next summer at Allie's baptism.
Another thing that would be great is if we could all go to the temple together. I have a friend (that means someone I visit teach...my only friends are either on my visiting teaching beat or I'm on theirs)has 3 daughters who would be willing to tend the children while we go. Interested? Best day?
I'm not sure how to assign days for cooking. We talked about sending me a list of grocery items prior to your arrival but I don't know at this point who will be here when. Near as I can tell the only day everyone will be here is Christmas Day and possibly a couple of hours Christmas Eve (JK). Any suggestions on how to decide who cooks when? Maybe each of you could just tell me the day you want to cook.
Friday Dad had 22 skin lesions frozen at the Dermatologist. Poor guy. He went to give me a hug yesterday and I said, "Oh, your face looks awful." He said it wasn't very romantic of me. Anyway, 6 months ago he had 21 frozen. All pre-cancer so no worries. Just miserable for him.
We're a little bored since we finished watching all 6 seasons of "Lost." We were so absorbed. Labor Day weekend we watched the whole 6th season. Since it isn't available on Netflix yet Dad bought it. It was really fun but now we need a new cause.
Hope you all had a good weekend. We love you always!




4 comments:
You know how we feel about Bear Lake! Such an awesome place for kids, we would love a week there with cousins!!
Yay, you finally blogged! Good job Linda! We love hearing your thoughts.
I would love to go to Bear Lake, but how are we coordinating that with the baptism? I'm going to try and have the baptism scheduled for either the 17th or the 24th of July. That will be if the bishop agrees. Otherwise her baptism will be August 17th, which is a terrible time with back to school.
Unless Andi/Cade and Shawn/Veda think August 17th is workable? Let me know!
As for Christmas cooking, I'll take the 23rd. It's going to be a baked potato bar. Breakfast: muffins and fruit.
I
The 17th/18th is kind of hard, but not impossible as long as school doesn't start until that next week. I don't have the calendar for next year yet so we won't know for awhile but I doubt we'll start until the next week.
Post a Comment