Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31 2010




This week we're in Arkansas with Shawn and his family. Always an adventure. We drove this time and one of Shawn's graduate students who is now at Utah State drove with us. It made for an easy drive to have 3 of us trading off. We listened to Breaking Dawn almost all the way. I started it just past Bear Lake and we listened every minute of the drive, arriving in Conway just as the last big fight was taking place. We almost kept driving long enough to finish it.

We got here Thursday and Friday morning Shawn and Veda left for a conference in San Antonio. Ashlin was diagnosed Thursday with Strep Throat and Jaxon woke up Friday morning with a fever. Before they left they took him to the doctor and confirmed that it's not strep just a virus. By Saturday Jaxon's fever was completely gone. Ashlin missed her school birthday party when she went to the doctor.

Friday I went on a field trip with Ashlin's Kindergarten class. It brought back a lot of memories. Her teacher was continually counting the kids. She knows I used to teach Kindergarten so she new I remembered doing that. The kids were really good and it was a fun end to the year. They went to Play World, then lunch at a park, and ended with bowling. I'm glad I could go with Ashlin.

Saturday we went to Little Rock and saw Shrek and ate at Texas Roadhouse.

Yesterday the kids were all really good at church. Shawn asked Robert to give a presentation for the 5th Sunday combined Priesthood/Relief Society. Their Stake President asked every ward to speak to their members about Pornography so that was his topic. Robert did a great job. He's such a good presenter. I wish he had more opportunities. The only problem was it's a pretty large topic to cover in 20 min. Veda said someone in the ward said Robert did really well but they wished he'd had more time.

Today is Jeron's day to pick what we do (Jaxon picked buy a toy and eat at McDonald's on Friday and Ashlin chose Saturday) so we can hardly wait to see what he wants to do. We'll have to find a secret, soundproof room to confer in if we actually want him to make a choice without the other two telling him what to do.

No comments: