Psycho Sibs and Genetic Pool
Today Dad and I had our first mission interview. Scary, isn't it? Bishop Powell said all mission papers are done completely on line now, so this afternoon he has to open a file on the church website for us and then we go to that file and enter our date. When that's done we give Bishop our health and insurance papers, which he delivers to Pres. Nichols. We interview with Pres. and then everything is sent to Salt Lake online. We hope to have this process completed by the end of this month, and receive the call sometime after we get home from the cruise.
Wanted to add one more thing to the family schedule, although most of you already know. We have the condo in St. George July 1-8. All are invited.
We had a good day in the Temple yesterday. Dad got to give the prayer in the prayer circle for the first time. I wasn't in the session but heard rave reviews...is "review" the appropriate word for Temple experiences?
Today Mary and Richard Schmitt reported their mission. I saw them in the Temple yesterday. She said it was good to be home, but things were different. She feels she's no longer the center of her family...that they learned to function without her while she was gone. YIKES!!! I need to reconsider this whole mission thing. I have enough difficulty being needed now without leaving you all to function independently for 18-24 monts. You'll find out for sure how easy it is to get along without me and I'll never hear from anyone!
Tonight we're having a little get-together here. In January Lee Miller and Rod Chandler, along with some other crazies, went to Africa to hike Mt. Kilamanjaro (I have no idea how to spell that) in the Himalayas. Tonight they're going to show us their pictures and tell us about the big adventure. Reileys and Bennetts are coming, too. I've spent all afternoon getting treats ready (baked Schwan's frozen cookies).
I love all the grandkid reports. They're all growing so fast. They all talk to me on the phone now, including Jaxon, although Mom and I couldn't hear ourselves or anything else while he was chatting away to me.
Everyone have a great week. We love you all.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment