
Robert with his cool "staff."
Cue saying goodbye to me, or maybe, "Where's dinner??" Hard to tell.
March 3, 2008
Bright and early we arrived at the Chevy dealer in Show Low. We felt blessed to have driven the canyon without losing our brakes. Seven hundred dollars and 4 hours later we were on our way with the truck all fixed up and feeling like it was the first to get a post-mission (almost) makeover.
Steve met Robert at the dealership and they went golfing while I waited for the truck. No jealousy on my part. It was freezing cold. You were only allowed out on the golf course if you could provide documented proof that your IQ was less than 85! While they froze their whatevers off, I had a comfy seat, a book to read, some Thank You’s to write, and soda and candy machines handy.
Unfortunately, even with my face literally buried in my book, someone wanted to talk to me. An Apache woman was also waiting for repairs, but she wasn’t having such good luck. She found she would need to leave her car overnight, so she needed a ride home. She hinted every way possible for a ride to Snowflake. I really wouldn’t have been opposed to taking her, except, HELLO, if I had a “ride” available would I be spending the morning at a car dealership? Her final ploy was to bring in a box of beaded jewelry and ask if I wanted to buy something. I only had change and a $50 bill on me. I sure wasn’t going to hand over the fifty, so she finally left feeling like I definitely didn’t make her best friend list for the day.
We were so happy to get the truck back and hope everything stays fixed until we get back to Logan. It’s performed admirably so we didn’t even complain about this little tune-up. I went to Wal-Mart to develop some pictures and buy a few things. Robert met me there. His success on the course apparently compensated for the freezing temperatures. He found 15 golf balls. Steve was elated as he added these 15 to the 285 golf balls (I am not making that up) he already has in his car. CRAZY!
Now that we’re being kicked out of the mission we really didn’t have much to hurry home for, so we saw “Vantage Point.” We liked it. Intense from the first minute.
The only call we had when we got home was from Betty Lee. We had planned to have her sealed to her deceased husband tomorrow but her sister is going to Tucson for surgery so she cancelled on us to go with the sister. Very disappointing as it was our last chance to do this with her. We have yet mastered understanding why the whole family (and sometimes there are 20 or more people) has to show up at the hospital every time someone is ill.




1 comment:
Cue looks like a gopher! Crazy old Cue.
Post a Comment