Last weekend we went to Jackson Hole for a few days. It was fun. We hadn't been there since before our mission. We ate at Bubba's, shopped, and went to Bar J with Craig and Chris Kunz. Bar J was as fun as ever, even though the food wasn't as good as usual. On Saturday we went to Yellowstone. Robert fished for a while and I read and relaxed at the beautiful Lake Hotel. On our way home we had dinner at Jackson Lake Lodge. Here are a couple of pictures at the Lodge.
Eating here was especially fun since we celebrated our 40th anniversary this year. We stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge on our honeymoon. There was just a lot of nostalgia eating at the place we were 40 years ago. We talked about how we both thought then we knew exactly how our lives would turn out. Truthfully we knew nothing. Life has been better than we even imagined back then.
Last Wednesday Robert flew to Arkansas to spend a week with Shawn and Veda and family. He's having a great time hanging out with the kids and hopefully Shawn is getting some writing done on all his research. Robert said he was going to help Shawn but I think the truth is he just missed those gradnkids. Ashlin called yesterday to tell me she's lost two tooths now.
Since Robert is out of town Sharon came up and spent a couple of nights with me. We had a great time together. We did a lot of shopping. We found capri pants at Dillard's for $4.40 and $6.00. The colors were limited so we ended up buying some of the same. That seemed so funny we just had to wear our matching outfits to lunch at Maddox the day we met Ray there and Sharon went home. That's the picture at the top. I can't figure out how to move it down here.
Cade and Andi are in Idaho this weekend, so I'm really all by myself here in Logan. I consider myself a pretty independent woman, so really I can do pretty much anything Robert and I usually do together by myself. I can go out to dinner, or get takeout, or shop, or go to a movie. I can do whatever I want. It just isn't any fun without him. I miss him every minute. I'm so glad he can spend this time with the kids, but I'll be very glad Wednesday when he's back home. Besides, when he's gone I have to make my own bed, empty the garbage myself, get my own sodas, and a whole lot of other stuff. I admit I'm spoiled and I love it! Hurry home husbby!




1 comment:
Thank you so much for sharing your Robert with us! We are having a great time and are very thankful for this time with him! We can't wait till we can spend a little time with you! Love the matching outfits!
Post a Comment