Last weekend Andrea's sister Chari graduated from Utah State in Elementary Education. We tended her baby, Sadie, while the family went to graduation. Here are the two cousins, Lilli and Sadie, together. This week we tended another little boy, Liam, 16 months old, on Thursday night. We're becoming quite the day-care center! Liam's mother is my visiting teaching partner.
I forgot to mention last week that we saw Iron Man 2. A must-see for anyone who loves mindless adventure shows -- just our style.
Besides baby-sitting, working on Cade's shed and visiting teaching, we spent the week collecting storage cubes from Hobby Lobby. Andi and I decided to make over our basement room into a scrapbooking room. We needed more storage and this week I had a 40% off coupon for one item at Hobby Lobby. The coupon could be used multiple times but supposedly only once a day. Since I'm a rules girl at heart I went to Hobby Lobby every day and bought one cube until I had the 6 pieces I wanted. No way was I going to pay full price when I had such a nice coupon.
By Saturday all the pieces were purchased and Andi and I went to work. Cade and Dad hauled out the Futon. It's being listed on Craig's List for sale. I wavered a long time deciding whether or not to get rid of it. I liked having the extra bed but really wanted the big chair more. Andi finally made up my mind when she sweetly asked, "Linda, have you ever actually slept on that thing?" Not so comfy I gathered and out it went. We kept the big recliner and a new rocking chair. If we need extra bed space we'll use a blowup mattress. I had to rearrange that room multiple times before I could come up with something I liked. Cade and Andi brought over a storage area she had and we combined all our scrapbooking stuff into one mega-scrapbook spot. We love it! It was fun to do and we can hardly wait to scrapbook in our new spot. I didn't think until just this moment about taking a picture so I'll take one for next week.
While we were hard at work rearranging furniture and organizing, organizing, organizing, Cade and Dad were at the Logan Country Club golfing with Kevin. It was a beautiful day and they seemed to enjoy themselves as much as Andi and I did.
Today I substituted in the 11-12 year old girls Primary class again. They are a really nice group of girls. I don't think I like substituting because I get so attached to every class that it makes me sad when I have to leave them.
That' s it for our week. Love you! Hope no one dies of shock because I actually Blogged two weeks in a row!




2 comments:
What a cute baby girl! DO you know where I could get one of those?!
Impressive 2 weeks in a row!
Post a Comment