Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mar 6 2008

March 6, 2008

Early this morning we went to Phoenix to pick up Cade and Andi at the airport. Their plane didn’t arrive until around 9:00 PM but we wanted one last day in Phoenix. First we stopped by the mission office to leave a letter we wrote for President Craig. This was a letter every missionary is asked to write and leave with the office missionaries to put in a book for President and Sister Craig when they leave the mission in 2010. Supposed it’s a secret, so I was a little disconcerted when I opened the door to the office and President Craig was standing there. He was as surprised to see me as I was to see him. He obviously wondered why I was there and I obviously didn’t want to tell him. We chatted forever, and finally I said I needed to talk with the secretary and he left. I gave them our letter and asked why our rent check from February has never been cashed. She said they just found it tucked away somewhere and would cash it in the next few days. We talked for a few minutes and then I went back out to the truck, only to find President and Sister Craig out there talking to Robert. They are such nice people. He thanked us for all we did to help the missionaries. He said we did more than we had to do because the proselyting wasn’t our assignment, but we helped with the work anyways. We thought that was nice of him.

Then we drove out to Scottsdale to find the Homewood Suites we’ll be staying in Saturday and Sunday nights. We also located a mall close to there where Andi and I can shop while the men go to the Suns game. We were looking, too, for a place to eat dinner with Sharon and Ray on Sunday night that would be easy to find for everyone. Finally we ended up at Scottsdale Fashion Square thinking we’d go to a movie, but couldn’t find anything we wanted to see. We looked for a place to have dinner but everything was more expensive than we wanted. So we left and started driving looking for a restaurant and came to an Applebee’s on the way to the airport. We went in there and Robert suddenly realized this was the same Applebee’s where we ate with Cade and Andi the first time they came to visit us on the mission. In fact, we were sitting in the same place we sat with them. Freaky!

Finally we picked them up and had a very late night drive back to CBQ.

No comments: