November 2, 2006
Not much time to write. The Elders are here and Robert has been with them most of the afternoon. We’re still talking to them, but will write a little as they talk.
Had a family call us tonight and they are at the hospital with their baby who has RSV. They want someone to bring some food to them as they’ve been there all day. We called Pres Benito and he said they just got paid yesterday and he can’t figure out why they can’t buy food. Nevertheless, we called the missionaries in Whiteriver, where the hospital is, and asked if they’d go over and give the baby a blessing and maybe take the parents something to eat. Neither couple is home, so we just left a message. We can go in the morning but we’d like someone to contact them tonight.
I made the ghost cupcakes today that Ethan and Allison sent to us. It’s a bit past Halloween but the Elders were coming and they did enjoy them.
Last night we came home to an unexpected visitor. We found mouse droppings on the counter top. I’ve never lived in a house that had a mouse in it before. This morning Robert bought some mousetraps and set one under the sink. When he came home from visiting with the missionaries he commented that apparently we hadn’t caught a mouse yet. I then recalled that I had heard a strange noise and just thought it was the oven, which creaks and groans the whole time I’m cooking in it. Well, he discovered we had killed our first mouse. Ugh!!! He got rid of it while calling to me to stay in the bedroom until he told me to come out. I was happy to obey. He found a hole under the sink and stuffed it with tin foil then put a board on top of that hoping to keep any more from coming in. Then he reset the trap and put it back in the same place but we haven’t been brave enough to look at it again.
Brother and Sister Remington just called and they went to the hospital and gave Enrico a blessing and took a little food to the family.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
Oh no, let the war begin.. :)
Post a Comment