February 9, 2007
Spent the morning studying, cooking, and then had lunch and correlation with the Elders. After lunch we went to visit Thelma, Alfred and Eric. We had been arguing all day about this family. Robert is anxious for them to get their interview for a temple recommend. While I also really want them to go to the temple, I feel that attendance at least 1 Sunday before they go is a fairly important prerequisite. Robert justifies their lack of attendance because of their health problems. They do have some serious health issues. However, Heartless thinks they could manage to come half a mile to the church for 15 minutes once a week. I struggle to feel this is such a difficult task when no one even dresses up. They don’t even change clothes, just come in jeans and t-shirts. Fortunately, this will need to be resolved by President Bonito. It’s our job to teach the classes and his to decide whether or not to issue a recommend. Robert says I’m too judgmental. What???? I’m not judgmental I just think there are some rules in the world. However, I resented his “judgment” of me and have decided to punish him for the rest of the day. I’m so envious of Grandma Charlton at times like this. How I wish I could refuse to speak to the old reprobate for the rest of the day. I can’t keep quiet for 10 minutes. However, it should be recorded that we both really like this family and sincerely want them to be able to go to the temple with us.
Enrico is in the hospital again. Ricky called Robert last Tuesday and then I called this morning. Cheryl wanted a ride home from Whiteriver today and then a ride back tomorrow. We arranged a ride home in the hospital van today and told her we’ll take her back tomorrow because the van doesn’t run on weekends. The baby has pneumonia and they said the doctor told them he’s the sickest baby they have in the hospital right now. That certainly doesn’t sound encouraging. Cheryl asked if we’d check on Naysha, which we did and she was fine. We met Cheryl’s aunt, Karen, whom we’ve been wanting to meet.
The Elders left early as they had a dinner appointment in Show Low so we hope we can relax for a while this evening.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
You know, I might like the "come to church in jeans" program you've got going over there. In defense of Dominicans, even they knew to dress up for church!
Randy's sweating bullets about having to give Delene his two weeks' notice. Wish I had some advice for him--I still work for the person who gave me my first job. Talk about having security issues!
Post a Comment