Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jun 25 07

June 25, 2007

Great disappointment for both of us. No golf today, which meant Robert was home, moping, all day, which meant no scrapbooking for me. Instead we cleaned the trailer and then he went outside and sprayed for bugs, again. We have a hamper for dirty clothes in the bathroom and when I got ready to start the washing I dumped the clothes out on the bed and a huge cricket came tumbling out. I handled it in my usual mature manner, screaming at the top of my lungs for Robert. He killed it, but not before I heard a lot of bumping around and cursing coming from the bedroom. He said those suckers are not only big, they’re fast. Anyway, that initiated the spraying of the trailer. We’ve sprayed it so many times it could be classified as a toxic zone for at least 5 feet around on all sides. Nevertheless, the bugs just keep coming. Robert also called the FM group and said we’re sick of spraying and we want an exterminator out here again. Actually, we haven’t seen very many creepy crawlies inside the trailer, but in my mind one constitutes a major catastrophe.

While we were thus anxiously engaged in a good cause Irene Murphy came by. She also has no food, so we did a food order for her and we did one later in the afternoon for Rhonda. This means that our plans for Tucson tomorrow need to be revised. We planned to leave first thing in the morning, but now will have to make a run to Snowflake to pick up 3 food orders, bring them back to Cibecue, and then go to Tucson. Does the Lord forget to check my calendar before He makes these plans?

We visited with Thelma and planned next Sunday’s Fast Sunday lunch, then talked to Murphy for a while. He still didn’t know any more about what happened to his goddaughter, but Thelma heard she was murdered, then thrown in the lake. The body is in Tucson for autopsy right now. When Robert took the food orders to President for his signature he said the Paula Ivins wanted us to come by. We went over after dinner, but she wasn’t home. We left a card, but she never called us so we’ll have to check with her when we get back from Tucson.

Finally at 9:00 we got packed.

3 comments:

glo said...

Proof I'm your daughter: My room is too cluttered. The furniture needs to be moved and vacuumed beneath and otherwise rearranged.

I'm too chicken to do it because once I found a wolf spider and now all I see when I think of moving my bed is a whole community of wolf spiders.

HMarie said...

Hmm..I guess Beckie would rather not know about the black widow incident...

Andi and Cade said...

Proof I'm almost your daughter: We are very grateful this summer to just be seeing lots of Daddy Long Legs.. This means (we're told) that there are no more Hobos infesting the rocks. . (Hobos eat Daddy Long Legs) However, I still can't walk around outside bare foot .. even though I know those long legged creeps are harmless.