Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dec 18 07

December 18, 2007

One week from Christmas already! That’s hard to believe.

We hurried and cleaned the house so we could leave early and go to Show Low. The cleaning the house part went well, but we didn’t leave until noon because Steve Blood called and talked to Robert for almost an hour. That was OK because Robert really enjoyed visiting with him.

We needed to do some grocery shopping, get the oil changed in the truck, get the truck washed, and get Robert a haircut. We got all that done and it seemed good to have some time to do things we needed to do for a change. The truck looks very nice although it takes about 3 washings to get all the red dirt off, especially after the rain and snow we’ve had recently. Also, the truck hasn’t been washed since Robert had to pull the Elders out of the mud. We don’t think it will be really clean until we leave Arizona.

Tonight there was a community Christmas dinner, but we made no effort to get back in time to go. As we were leaving town a lady at the Deli said she thought the dinner was tomorrow. We knew it was tonight, but at least felt like we had an excuse to miss it. Our instincts were good as both Cheryl and Murphy called looking for rides. It was so refreshing to be unavailable.

It was a good day except for one little complication. Robert went to Wal-Mart to get his hair done and I waited in the truck. I was crocheting and listening to Christmas music and thinking life just doesn’t get much better at this point than sitting in the Wal-Mart parking lot all by myself listening to Christmas music and crocheting. After a while the radio turned off, which is does when the engine is off. However, I had failed to turn off the ignition key and therefore the radio clicking off was not the result of the safety feature but rather the result of a dead battery. Triple AAA to the rescue!!! Thank heavens for them. Robert waited with the truck while I went into Wal-Mart and did our grocery shopping there instead of Safeway. By the time I finished the truck was on line again. Thanks heavens too for a sweet, patient husband. When he finished his haircut and came out to the truck and I told him what I did, all he said was, “Well, I wasn’t expecting that.”

We’re writing this on our way to Tucson, where we’ll stay tonight with Sharon. Tomorrow we’ll be in Phoenix and Friday we pick up Beckie at the airport. We consider ourselves now officially on Christmas break and so the next Blog won’t be written until after Christmas at least and possibly not until 2008.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments: