October 25, 2006
Back to the reservation at last. We got home about 5:30 last night. We planned to leave Logan at 8:00 AM on Monday. Well, we left the house by 8:00, but didn’t leave town until almost noon. We had a hard time leaving. We stopped at the Cleaning Center and armed ourselves for more battles with the dirt here in the trailer. Today I used all my new gear and spent 2 hours cleaning the shower and toilet. Happy to report I at least got all the brown streaks out of the toilet and most of the water stains off the shower. The shower will need another treatment to be truly done. I had a terrible headache all day…quite sure I poisoned myself with the cleaning chemicals.
We came home through Las Vegas. We didn’t have an AAA book to find a motel so called Veda and she got online and helped us get a room. We stayed at Sam’s Town for $44.00 and the room was really nice. Next day we drove straight here, except for lunch at Cracker Barrel in Flagstaff.
No clear decision on which way is best to go to Salt Lake. It’s a dang long drive no matter what road you pick. Going through Vegas is longer, but it took just about the same amount of time as going through Page. I didn’t feel as tired driving the freeway, though. On Tuesday we drove all the way in rain. We left Vegas and drove across Boulder Dam. That was quite a sight.
Today Robert went golfing with Steve Lefkowitz, our Jewish Mormon missionary friend. I stayed home. Couldn’t bring myself to drive anywhere.
We had a great time in Utah. So fun to see Cade and Andi and Sharon and Ray.
Pretty dull entry tonight. We’re tired from the trip.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
Yet another reason I wish I lived in Utah :) I'm sure they were happy to see you, too.
Post a Comment