October 29, 2006
We certainly had an interesting start to the day. I woke up at 5:30, which is just not normal for me. I looked at the clock and promptly rolled over to go back to sleep until my normal 7:00 wakeup time. But I couldn’t sleep. At 6:00 I told Robert we are just going to have to stay up later because I hate waking up this early. At 6:30 I finally got up. I went into the bathroom and our little clock in there said 7:30. I wondered how we could have messed up the time on that clock, then wandered to the living room where that clock also said 7:30. Now I’m freaked out. Everyone knows I hate time travel. I knew daylight savings time changed last night but Arizona doesn’t do daylight savings. However, it seems no one told our radio-controlled clock that we’re in Arizona now. Apparently it went ahead and changed like the rest of the country does but we didn’t even think about that. I was relieved that my sleeping habits haven’t really changed. I thought I just went to bed last night and woke up old this morning.
I love church out here. We brought a 19-year-old boy to church who is scheduled for baptism Nov 25. I certainly hope he’s sober by then because he wasn’t this morning. Very nice but had a hard time with how long our meeting is. Robert finally took him home before Sacrament meeting. We had 17 adults there and 8 of them were white people from outside Cibecue. The stake presidency came to make a change in the branch presidency. They released Quinn Smith from Show Low and put in Cecil Ivins from Cibecue. He’s an older man who has been branch president in the past. For our 5th Sunday meeting Pres Bonito told the people that a lot of the government funding is being cut back and talked about the importance of getting an education and finding jobs. He’s very impressive.
After church we had the stake missionary couple, Bro and Sis Wilcock, to dinner. He wants to get a scouting group started here and Robert will probably help. We enjoyed talking with them about Cibecue and the culture here. It was very helpful. They’ve only been called for 4 months but they’ve lived in the area all their lives so they know a lot more than we do. Course, that’s not hard at this point.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
Cade says rotating Branch Presidents between the four worthy members sounds like Romney, West Virginia. :)
FYI: We made it to and from Riverton safely! We didn't call you on purpose, hoped you'd forget we were going and not worry too much. We didn't get into Riverton until two in the morning on Friday.. Nuts! But it was worth it to see LaCee's school. It was such a Charlton weekend, crazy plan but always worth it!
Love you two. Keep up your incredible journey, we have already felt many of the blessings of your service, one of them being surviving that drive this weekend!
Post a Comment