Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sep 28

September 28, 2006

Last day at the MTC. We’re excited to be done but a little wary also. Now we actually have to go to work. But we’re thrilled to be finished with the constant structure. We’re used to a little more freedom in our lives. We’ve loved it here and met some wonderful people, but we’re ready to move on. Seems to be our motto in life: time to move on.

Robert finished up the class on humanitarian projects while I moved over to the class on the employment service centers. We both enjoyed our classes. At the end of the day we finished with another testimony meeting. Robert had some lovely thoughts. I said, thanks for everything, God lives and the church is true. If I have to bear my testimony once more I think I’ll scream. Brother General Authority Wannabe exercised tremendous control and kept his to a mere 5 minutes.

One couple in our group, Brother and Sister Gonzales, first got their call to India but couldn’t get a visa. So then the call was changed to Thailand. They’ve been waiting the whole time we’ve been here for their visa, but found out today just as we went to the last hour of class, that this visa was also denied, due to the recent coup in Thailand. So the head of the welfare missionary program in Salt Lake, Brother Sorensen, called and told them he knew how hard this has been on them and since they need to change their mission now for the third time the Gonzales’s could choose any mission in the United State or Canada. Their choice. Anywhere they want to go. But they said no, we’ve been called on a humanitarian mission and that’s the mission we want. Isn’t there anywhere we could go and serve with the training we’ve received these past two weeks. Brother Sorensens said, well, we have a humanitarian mission open in Ethiopia so that’s what they chose. Now they have to stay at the MTC 2-3 more weeks waiting for another visa. Bless their hearts! I certainly admire their dedication. We think we would have chosen Hawaii.

No comments: