September 20, 2006
As I walked into our first meeting this morning my blood began to boil and I fervently wished Rebecca were here to supervise and keep me from harming myself or anyone else. What caused this fury? I saw the dreaded signs. Yes, it’s Wednesday, the day when new missionaries arrive and the posted signs on one wall read “missionaries this way” and the signs on the other wall read “families this way.” Oh, memories!! I felt for the poor souls, both missionaries and families, all day.
We learned how to teach Lesson 2, The Plan of Salvation, and practiced teaching it to a man named Bro. Lee. He was a little more difficult than Sis. Dennett, causing me to look panic-stricken at Robert more than a few times. Fortunately he jumped right in with real doctrine and saved the day. At the end Bro. Lee said to Robert, “Let me guess. CES mission, right? You have seminary teacher written all over you.” He then complimented me on my sincerity, which I really appreciated, since sincerity is pretty much all I have. It was fun, and more realistic than yesterday’s, which was a little scary but good for me.
Tonight we needed a break from MTC food so made a jailbreak to McGrath’s for fish and a bowl of clam chowder.
Weather is rainy and cold.
Text message from Veda: Good night missionaries. We love you! Hope you had a very nice day. Jax has an ear infection. Ashlin has attitude. Smile. Miss you tons.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment