March 21, 2007
We forgot last night to write down a cool story Myrna told us. She said that she was having trouble knowing whether or not she was making the right decisions about her pregnancy and the baby, so she prayed and told Heavenly Father that she needed to know and she needed to know right away because she just couldn’t stand the pressure of waiting. That night she had a lot of pains and had to call the ambulance. The EMT in the ambulance was a lady from Show Low who doesn’t even usually work with the Cibecue ambulance. She’d had a baby with exactly the same problem that Myrna’s baby has. So Myrna said this lady just held her hand and talked to her about her feelings, and what she’ll experience when the baby is born. Myrna said she felt like she had been visited by an angel.
This morning Naysha and Faith came over to take piano lessons. After their lessons they wanted to stay awhile, so we baked some banana bread together. It was really fun. They’re such cute girls. They’re learning piano really fast, so looks to me like they’re as smart as they are cute. They had lunch and watched some TV.
They typed this on our computer:
Faith mia bonito and naysha winona Lupe.naysha winona lupe
Faith mia bonito
Sister Charlton
Brother Charlton
w/h march 21,2007
had fun
we love you so much that we want you to stay in cbq forever .we love you so much
faith and naysha lupe
thank you for ever thing and love you
see you when ever again!
I also gave piano lessons to Alma, Megan Dale, her cousin Joaquin, and Danitra Lee. Danitra had taken some lessons before. And Casper came for his reading lesson, but he always comes really late and then it’s time for scouts so we don’t get much reading done.
That was the good part of our day. For the next part, we should start by saying, “Shawn, we feel your pain,” because, like his ipod, my electronic planner got stolen today. We’re pretty sure Danitra took it, because while I was giving Alma her lesson Danitra and some other kids came over to get candy. She asked Robert if she could use the bathroom, which she always does, and then when I came back the planner was gone. It was sitting in the bathroom because I like to sit in there and play solitaire. (Maybe the Lord thinks I have better things to do and decided to eliminate the temptation.) I can’t say for sure when I used it last, but I thought it was after Faith and Naysha left. We keep hoping we’ve just misplaced it and it will turn up. But in the meantime I think we’ll tell the kids that we’re not letting them in the trailer any more because someone stole something of ours. Maybe that someone would be motivated to return it. Robert wanted to go to her house and confront her, but since she lives with the local drug dealers I’m not too excited about going up there. Her brothers stole Elder Thompson’s camera, and when the Elders went up there they almost got in a fight with them. We just don’t think it would be good for the reputation of the mission if we fight them. Besides, we hate to see the poor young men get hurt. We wondered if we should report it to the police, but decided only to do that if we wanted to give them a good laugh at our expense.
And we ended our day with scouts. When Robert got home last night I had to remind him that we’re trying to do the no complaints thing. He reminded me that it doesn’t start until Saturday so he’d better get all his cussing and complaining done while he can.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
You know, in the Christian spirit of things, the upside of losing your electronic planner is that now the nice drug dealers will be able to organize their schedules a little better! You've brought the spirit of organization and order into their lives.
Hope it turns up soon. The trouble with not letting in any kids to the trailer is that sooner or later you'll let the Bonito kids in and look like you have favorites. (Which you probably do.)
Sigh--the mission giveth and taketh--often in the same day.
Post a Comment