Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mar 24 07

March 24, 2007

After a wonderful, restful night we headed back to Cibecue. We did a little grocery shopping, and a Wal-Mart/Target stop, then Deseret Industries where it took only a few minutes to get the table and chairs. Robert came up with a new home cure for me, but this one is actually effective. He said he read that if you have a stuffy nose you can chew 2 Altoids and it will clear your nose as well as a nasal spray. Now the things are so dang nasty you have to be desperate, but I was sufficiently unable to breathe that I would try anything. So I gagged down my Altoids and sure enough my nose cleared up. Robert wanted to take a picture of my face when I ate the ghastly things, but I wasn’t very cooperative about that.

We came home without incident, but now I have a family vote I’d like to request. As we drove up to the gate Robert said, “Oh, shoot. I kind of hoped it would burn down while we were gone.” Now I say that’s a complaint, but he refused to move his bracelet to the other hand. He argued it was merely a statement of fact. What’s the family consensus?

Everything in Cibecue is beautiful since the rain this week. It’s very green and the trees are out and there are some blossoms on a few trees. Not too many blossoms. This isn’t the kind of area that actually nurtures trees that bloom.

Unfortunately, Dion called and said there’s a part missing to the table so he can’t put it together. Robert called DI and they said just drop the table off next time you come by. Robert informed them that we’re in Cibecue. There’s no place on the planet that we just “come by.” Don’t know what they’ll do but they promised they’d work it out.

3 comments:

Veda said...

I think I must agree with Pappa sorry Nana. We have found it hard to define complaining. So, we are trying to word things more positively to help out with the dilemma.
Shawn says, "My dad's comment...shows optimism for the future."
We love you guys! Good luck with the no complaining.

Andi and Cade said...

Cade says: Clearly he's an optomist.. as evidenced by his "hope" in the statment. I'm with Grandpa Robert here.

Andi says: Sounds fishy, very very fishy

glo said...

I'm glad other people are struggling to define complaining! We can't figure out how to talk about a problem without losing bracelets left and right!

I'm with Mom. Wishing for fire is always a complaint. I think.