March 9, 2007
One more day! Keep praying!
Thelma was happy to hem Dion’s pants and brought them over a few minutes ago.
We finally got to the wake today. It was pretty quiet and more people talked to us this time, so we weren’t so uncomfortable. We took the Elders with us so they could have some experience with a wake. I’m glad we were with them because the first time you attend one is always a bit of a culture shock. We asked Betty Lee if there was anything we could do for her and she said they needed a few more folding chairs. So Robert and the Elders took over about 20 chairs. We also took 2 12-pack cartons of soda to the wake.
I ironed Murphy’s shirt and the Elders took it over to him when they visited him. They keep telling us how excited he is every time they see him. He told us on Wednesday that his daughter said she’s proud of him because he’s going to the temple. That really made him happy.
One other little detail we forgot to mention is that Cheryl does not own a dress or skirt of any kind. She always wears pants to church. Yesterday in Kmart we bought a black skirt we thought she could wear and then I gave her a blue skirt of mine that’s a little big on me. She called this morning and said she likes the blue skirt but doesn’t have a slip to wear with it. So we took her one of my slips. When I got there she had made me a pair of white, beaded earrings. She gave them to me and said they were for me to wear in the temple tomorrow. It was such a sweet thing to do, because right now she’s really busy with an order from the hospital for 3 beaded stethoscopes for doctors. They want these by Monday and she’ll be in the temple tomorrow, so she really has to work hard today to get them finished on time. Yet she took time out to make me some earrings. It just touched my heart. She said she wants to make a pair for Sis Wilcock too.
About the blue skirt. The fact that this is the one she chose once again testifies that the Lord has a sense of humor. When I left on my mission the only thing I didn’t have that I wanted was a blue skirt. I just couldn’t find one anywhere. I looked in every store I went in and finally at Thanksgiving found one in Dillard’s in Phoenix. I was so happy. Of course that would be the skirt that worked for Cheryl. I had nursed a small hope that she’d like the black one, but deep in my heart I knew better. So now I’m back to shopping for another blue skirt. I know I heard a small chuckle come from somewhere up above today. Robert says I’ll do anything to have an excuse to do more shopping.
President Bonito has asked us to go to General Conference with him and his family. More about that later.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
Now you understand about my brown flowered dress, and I expect no more snide comments (beyond which I might make about blue skirts).
I'm sure your skirt looked lovely on Cheryl, and I'm hoping your Temple day went at least somewhat as you planned it.
Post a Comment