March 6, 2007
The 1st step to going to the temple is to get your recommend. Step one is complete for all our prospective attendees. The 2nd step is to get your temple clothing. Step 2 is in progress and completed for 3 of our 7. Verbena got her own, and today we took Alfred and Thelma to Snowflake to get theirs. It was a great day. Alfred said he felt so good when he was there getting his clothes. They’re a cute couple and we enjoyed being with them. We took them to Eva’s for lunch afterward. They were tired. I forget how many choices you have to make this first time.
Tomorrow we are scheduled to take Cheryl and Murphy to get their clothes. We talked to Roma today and are hoping she and Fernando will go tomorrow also. She said she’d call us tonight and let us know for sure but hasn’t called so far so we’re not sure what’s happening with them. She said they want to go on Saturday, so we have faith they’ll come through.
Shauna Henry came over and she and I cleaned the supply closet in the church. It was a mess and a big job. Took us 3 ½ hours, but it’s done. We had planned to go to Whiteriver tonight for a viewing but decided that cleaning the closet was a bigger priority, especially when we have someone willing to actually follow through with a calling. Shauna has been called as our Relief Society activity specialist and she’s getting ready for our quilting activity on Thursday. Maxine Bonito said she’d come and help but called and said she was too busy and couldn’t make it. We don’t really know the family who’s having the viewing all that well, so we’ll just send a card this time.
Besides I didn’t feel like going. While we were cleaning the closet I fell and bonked my head on the closet. Scared Shauna, but I’m fine, just a bit of a headache. Robert always tells me I’m hard-headed and I guess this proves he’s right. However, Robert is feeling better tonight.
Beckie called and said she’s having a great time in Hawaii.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
We are sitting in exhaustion having just shipped the final cub scout off with his family. Only one broken glass bottle tonight. A success!
Our fingers are crossed for your recalcitrant couple. Hopefully they'll be able to go on Saturday.
Post a Comment