Friday, March 23, 2007

Mar 23 07

March 23, 2007

We interrupted our normal sleep pattern to be on the road by 7:15 AM for another trip to Phoenix. Last week the Elders forgot their alarm clock, so every morning at 6:30 the alarm went off. When they came yesterday they apologized and asked if it woke us up every morning. We said yes, but we enjoyed it, because every morning we could say, wow, this is when the Elders have to get up every day, then roll over and go back to sleep.

But this morning we were up bright and early. We were a little concerned the road might be wet, but were almost to Phoenix before we ran into any rain, except for a few sprinkles. We wanted to stop at the Arboretum in Superior, but it was cold and rainy so decided to save it for another day. We also wanted to sit by the pool at the hotel, but no luck there either. It was raining hard when we arrived.

I told Robert that the only way I’d make another Deseret Industries run is if I could have 1 day to do whatever I wanted. So today has been heaven. Since the weather was so nasty we just did some shopping. We went to Sam’s Club and Robert bought me a 4-foot folding table so I can scrapbook easier. I was delighted. I’ve been wanting one for a while. I usually don’t have to experience delayed gratification, so this has been quite a test for me. Then we looked for a back to my magnetic name tag, as I lost mine in the temple. Office Max didn’t have any, and Staples said they had to order them. I told the guy I wasn’t from around here and he said to have the store nearest me order it for me. I told him I live “near Show Low” and he found one and gave it to me free. Ah, someone understands the area!

We had a lovely lunch at Red Lobster then came to our hotel. We cashed in our Hilton honors points for a free room at Homewood Suites. The price check says this room costs $300/night. So we’re getting our $300 worth. It has a fireplace, and since it’s cold outside we just turned on the fire, ordered pizza and settled in for the night. It feels so good not to have to worry about who will knock on our door at midnight and need to be rescued from their current drunken boyfriend. At least we hope that won’t happen tonight! Regardless, it’s been a great, relaxing day and we’ve had fun.

1 comment:

HMarie said...

When we come to visit, can we say we live "around Show Low" and get free stuff too! I like that story. Too bad about your room at the hotel--having no one to visit and being able to relax in a non-trailer space must have been super-tough.

Ethan and Allison are getting their baseball gloves today. It looks like Ethan should be about as successful at baseball as he was at basketball. Fortunately, he has a friend on the team from Church. Allison refused to pick a glove last time we went because the only pink one was too big for her. Looks like she is already cultivating a positive love of T-ball!