Monday, July 02, 2007

Jul 1 07

July 1, 2007

Marathon Sunday again! I came home so tired last night I forgot to make the new calendar for July, so got up at 6:00 to get that done. Primary was a nightmare. Two new kids came, Malachi, Rhonda’s son, and his cousin, Jericho. I think I fought the battle of Jericho all by myself this morning. They were so naughty. I finally got a handle on them, but only after getting really cross. That scared everyone else and I couldn’t get them to do a thing. It was the worst day I’ve had in Primary for months. At one point Jericho said, “I didn’t even want to come to church.” One of the girls, Tara, turned around and said, “Then stay home next time.” I couldn’t have said it better myself.

However, the day got much better. We had a lovely testimony meeting. Myrna was there and afterwards told me that after the cookout their whole family drove up to the temple and spent some time walking around and taking pictures. They had a great experience there. Then this morning Myrna wasn’t planning to come to church, but felt strongly that she should. When she got here just about everyone who bore their testimonies talked about temples. She said she really feels like she needs to get her work done and the work for her son who died a year ago.

Our Fast Sunday lunch turned out great. Thelma came through with flying colors again. We had some of the kids help serve and they really seemed to enjoy being involved. They got the dessert out and served it all by themselves. It was really fun.

Short afternoon break, then Bonitos came over for a cookout. We cooked steaks behind the church. Maxine and I went to her cousin’s house and cooked “tennis bread.” It’s like fry bread but cooked on a thing that looks just like a tennis racket over a fire. When we were shaping the bread, you do it by flipping it from hand to hand. I dropped one of mine in the dirt and we had to throw it away. I may be a klutzy white lady but I sure provide a lot of hearty entertainment to the natives. Andi is no longer the only one who drops their bread dough.

We had a great visit with everyone. We really enjoy Bonitos. It was a fun day.

No comments: