July 27, 2007
Linda scrapbooked all day and had a lovely day, so Robert has to write this entry.
The real purpose for our being on this mission is my truck. Therefore it is extremely important to all the people in Cibecue that I perform maintenance on my “ride.” For their safety (and ours) and future trips to DI and Wal-Mart and the Bishop’s Storehouse and Whiteriver, the tires needed to be rotated. Hopefully the routine maintenance will mean that on March 18, at 12:01 AM, we will have the needed transportation to “get the heck out of Dodge.”
While in Show Low, Alma called and wanted me to contact Gilbert and get the paperwork necessary for Famisha to continue on welfare. Upon my return, I visited with Gilbert and he found the baby’s birth certificate, WIC papers, and enrollment papers for CIB, which is the proof of Tribal membership so she can get medical services. Gilbert asked me to ask Alma if it was OK for him to come and visit her. Alma, however, had told me that she’s getting a restraining order to keep him away. The saga continues… I haven’t been able to call Alma back on the phone number she gave me.
Today I bought 2 cases of water and 3 cases of soda to take to Betty for after her daughter’s funeral. Of course I bought replacement groceries for the Elders and your mother’s recipes, not to mention the snacks I buy for myself.
Maxine called too while I was in Show Low. She’s in Phoenix picking up President from his School Board trip to Denver. They want to get some beds and she needed directions to DI. A couple of days ago I put gas in their truck because she said they couldn’t get the beds because they can’t afford gas for the truck. It was cheaper and easier on us to buy the gas than to have to take our truck down there and pick up the beds ourselves.
We enjoyed the rest of our evening without further interruptions.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
I quite enjoyed this blog imagining poor Robert typing it! It was fun to hear his voice through the writing. I can't even comment on your last crazy days. All I can say is please survive! Come back to us healthy!
Do you think she's serious?! That would be so wonderful!
And - hey - sometimes God needs preaching. Sometimes he needs wheels.
Post a Comment