July 2, 2007
This morning Robert launched another attack on the desert wildlife. He spread insecticide pellets all around the trailer. He also called Bill, as last night Pres Bonito decided to “fix” the sprinkling system by turning on all the sprinklers manually and then allowing his children to play in and with them. Bill had to come down today and re-program the whole thing. Also our toilet was running again and he had to clean that out. We’re all extremely frustrated with the water system in the trailer, but the FM group is doing the best they can to keep things in order for us. I made some cookies for our next dinner, but it was so hot and miserable I think I’m going to purchase ice cream sandwiches.
The Elders came today instead of Thursday. The Zone Leader came with Elder Rogers. His name is Elder Beus and he’s very nice also.
After fiddling with the trailer all day we still wanted to make a few visits. So we went after dinner. We went to Thelma and Alfred’s to give Jared a belated birthday present. Then we went to Shawna’s. We bought her some photo paper while we were in Tucson. We feel so bad because we haven’t been able to have any contact with her or Byron. They’ve stopped coming to church and won’t answer our calls. Tonight they were home. He didn’t talk to us, but she did. She seemed genuinely surprised and pleased with the paper. I asked her if she’d come by tomorrow and help me plan the dinner for July 11. She said she will, so we’ll see what happens. We also visited Tamara and gave her a gift for her baptism and copies of the pictures we took at her wedding. We tried to visit Cecil but he wasn’t home, neither was Rhonda.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment