January 21, 2008
After we walked this morning I came back and lay down on the couch and went back to sleep. I just can’t shake this cold/cough/flu…whatever the heck it is. So I gave myself a couple of hours of sick leave. While I was sleeping Robert actually left for a while, and I hardly knew he was gone.
When I finished with the sleeping, we went out to get some food orders. Irene asked for one because she now has 12 people living in her little home with her. Her daughter used to live in the trailer above Irene’s house and we don’t know what happened to it to cause Alvita to move down into the house with her mother. Cheryl also needs a food order, so we visited with them for a while.
We spent the afternoon with Robert trying to get started on our taxes. He was rudely interrupted by “Ratatouille”, which is such a complex plot he felt he couldn’t possibly watch it and work on the taxes at the same time. I started fiddling with the Yarn Octopus I want to make in Homemaking Meeting this week. I made one then started another because I wanted to make it a little different than the pattern I found on the Internet. I worked on that until 9:00. Meantime Kyesha came for another counseling appointment with Robert. We both really like Kyesha and feel so sorry for her. Her parents have created such a mess and she’s caught in the middle of it. She’s a nice girl with almost no chance of finding a decent life for herself. Her dad, Byron, scheduled an appointment last night but didn’t show. Tonight he rescheduled for tomorrow night.
We found out Sunday that Clarissa Zospah didn’t go back to college. That was disappointing. She seems like she has so much ability. We don’t know what happened. She was Vice President of Activities at the school she was attending, one of the junior colleges near Phoenix. Robert thinks she lost her scholarship. I think she’s pregnant. Which one of us has more faith in humanity and a brighter outlook on life, I wonder.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment