Friday, January 25, 2008

Jan 24 08

January 24, 2008

Last night I forgot something. In case no one noticed, I wasn’t thinking too clearly. Yesterday when we got home from the Urgent Care, Bill was here working on some stuff in the church. Robert went over to talk with him and mentioned that we were both sick. A little while later Bill pulled out of the driveway, returning in about 15 minutes. He came in with a bag full of Top Ramen Chicken Flavored and a box of soda crackers. He said that was as close as he could come out here to chicken soup. It was very cute of him.

I stayed home all day, but Robert wasn’t so lucky. He went to the store and got the mail. Then Thelma called. She was at the clinic and said her kidneys aren’t functioning and they were going to fly her to Phoenix. She asked Robert to go get Alfred and then come and give her a blessing. Alfred stopped by the house a couple of times in the afternoon. He’s pretty worried about Thelma. He also wanted to mention that they have no propane. Unfortunately, I was avoiding everyone and so he was able to make his case to Robert when Robert was unprotected.. Better said, Robert’s wallet was unprotected and is now $50 lighter. I swear I am going to refuse to let him out of the trailer alone for the rest of our mission.

We called the Elders yesterday and said we were sick, but four of them showed up just in time for lunch. Robert cooked two frozen pizzas for them and they cleaned that up. Then at some point they went into the church and cooked a whole box of cheese sandwiches from Schwans. I felt bad that I couldn’t cook for them, but there was no way. This is probably Elder Wahlquist’s last time here and it’s too bad I couldn’t have done something nice for him.

We’re all concerned about when we leave. President Bonito has requested full-time Elders, and wants them screened for basketball skills so they can play on his league team.

The most frustrating part of our day was answering all the calls we received about homemaking meeting being cancelled. NOT! Not a single person came or called. Cheryl did call and ask if I was going to pick her up. I’ll carry the guilt of their terrible disappointment with me forever.

No comments: