January 26, 2008
This is the day we scheduled for Youth Baptisms at the Temple. I stayed home, so I’ve had a nice quiet day. Robert will no doubt return exhausted. I thought he was going to hyperventilate before they got away this morning.
Last Sunday Robert nagged, excuse me, politely reminded President Bonito to interview the kids who were at church and who wanted to go today. However, there were about 6 more kids who said they wanted to go but weren’t in church last week. Robert talked to President about it several times during the week and finally last night he said well, you pick them up and I’ll interview them at 9:30 in the morning. Robert did as he was commanded, but Bonito didn’t show until 10:00. Then he did a detailed interview with every kid and so they were late leaving for the temple. I called and assured the temple they were coming, but they were quite late and put the Baptistry at the Temple way behind schedule.
I think Robert is getting very tired of being President Bonito’s go-to guy. It’s like President makes no effort because he knows he can just call Robert. Actually, that pretty much describes about 80% of the population of Cibecue.
Nevertheless Robert said they had a wonderful day. Alfred drove the van, and he got back before Robert did. When he brought the keys in, I asked him how it went. He said he baptized over half the people and he was so proud. Jared was with him and he said it was a great experience too. They had 12 kids go, 6 girls and 6 boys and Maxine and David. Kent Gooday wanted to go, but the letter we got from the Temple said all the boys had to be priesthood holders. The week Kent was supposed to be sustained he didn’t come to church. Robert told him to just come and at least he could watch. When they got to the Temple the workers there said, well, let’s just ordain him here. So they did, then they gathered all the priesthood holders from the branch and sustained him. Pretty neat. How many boys can say they were ordained to the priesthood in the temple?
Robert took the 6 girls in the truck with him. He said they were very pleasant, much easier to take than the boys. All the boys went in the van with Alfred. Casper waas baptized for Murphy’s brother and for Irene’s grandson.
On the way home they stopped at a restaurant in Taylor called “Trapper’s.” Everyone had hamburgers, French fries and pie. In Show Low Robert stopped at Circle K to get gas. All the girls went in the store and bought chips and candy and huge sodas. Robert said they bought as much food as the boys do. One of them even bought a hot dog, after just eating that big meal at Trapper’s. Enjoy it, Girls! Those skinny figures won’t last long at that rate!
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment