February 10, 2008
Long day at church, but the countdown continues. Only 3 more Sundays now.
Ariel and Faith had both been shopping and had the cutest Sunday outfits. They were adorable. Ariel had sandals with little heels on them and she said she wore them because they are like my Sunday shoes. It was just fun to see them so dressed up. Keegan looked good too because he now wears a white shirt so he can pass the Sacrament.
The long part was because President Bonito and Brother Wilcock had the brainstorm to show the Worldwide Leadership Broadcast at 2:00 today. They announced it as an “ice cream social.” That might have worked if there had been more than 5 families in church, because other than that announcement there wasn’t so much as a paper taped to the door to tell people what was going on. We thought it was a bad idea from the start so we just let them run with it and didn’t volunteer to advertise it or pick up people. So, the attendance was exactly 8 people…Wilcocks, us, President Bonito, Bro McNeil and his son, John, and Murphy. We tried to tell them when they first planned it that no one was going to sit in church all morning then turn around and come back for 2 hours. Oh, well, the banana splits were really good. We got finished about 5:00. Between regular church and the video time we made sandwiches for the Wilcocks and McNeils and President. We enjoyed eating and socializing. We don’t get much chance just to visit. Elder Lefler ate with us also because the high councilman he rode down with was doing an audit of the church books with Bonito and Wilcock.
When we finally got finished we just relaxed. At 7:30 I took a sleeping pill and went to bed. I’m so tired of this cough. I know if I could get some rest it would help. So I just decided to ditch everything I had planned to get done and get a good night’s sleep.
The weather really warmed up today. When we were taking people home after church the temperature was in the 60’s.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment