February 18, 2008
Robert finally was able to golf today. He said it was nice and warm in Snowflake and they had a good time. After golfing he stopped and washed the truck. He talked to Abbitt and his cousin who are now both working at the car wash.
For the first time in quite a while, Robert heard Isaac and his brothers/friends/cousins/whatever, outside yelling and screaming obscenities at each other about 4:00 AM. After he left this morning started in again. They were running through the field and yelling the only two words they seem to know. The current girlfriend came out and tried to drag Isaac home. Someone from Josephine’s house came out and they got in an argument. It was silly but I got so scared. They’ve never bothered us, except when Harrilyn got us involved. And I don’t think they could get a coherent enough thought together to actually burglarize anyplace. Still, I didn’t want them to know I was alone. They scare everyone in the neighborhood because they are meth addicts, and as you all know meth users are often very violent. They kept running around and yelling and I felt panicky, even sort of starting to hyperventilate. I realized I had to do something to calm myself, so I called Sharon. I felt bad because I didn’t want to worry her, but I was desperate. So thanks to Sharon for talking me through it. After I talked to her things quieted down. Usually by afternoon they pass out and we don’t hear any more from them until the middle of the night.
I packed up some more clothes today and got my mission photo albums up to date.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
Yikes!
I think you're feeling the end of the mantle. I remember getting more scared of things at the end - like I could suddenly see how truly protected we had been.
Post a Comment