Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Feb 4-5 08

February 4-5, 2008

We actually started packing on Monday. We went through the bookcase in the living room and packed up two boxes of books. We’re taking these boxes to Sharon. She said she would have room to bring some things home for us in April.

It snowed all day today. This is the most snow we’ve had here. They dismissed school at noon. Whiteriver schools were closed all day.

Just as I got dinner ready here came Bonitos again. This time they wanted to purchase more music for their I-pods. Unfortunately, due to the storm, we had no phone service, so they couldn’t do what they wanted. President Bonito watched most of “3:10 to Yuma” with Robert while Ariel played and Faith and Keegan and Maxine worked on the I-pod. I just have to comment that the movie was awful…depressing, bad ending. Robert’s last three choices have been bad even for someone with his bad taste in movies. As you can see I still have some unresolved anger issues from Sunday’s altercation. At least I didn’t use any word during our argument that started with the letter F…not yet anyway.

Our phone was out all night and on and off all day. Not sure what happened. Guess the three inches of snow we got totally destroyed all services out here.

On Tuesday we made cookies for Homemaking Meeting, took the flyers around for it, met with Henrietta to discuss her “finances” (using the term loosely) and fielded a phone call from Alma. She said her sister had come from San Carlos to visit her and her mother is very angry because the sister left. She probably left poor mom with at least 7 or 8 of her illegitimate children to tend. Anyway, she needed a ride back to San Carlos. Unfortunately for Alma, she called at one of the few times I answered the phone instead of Robert. I had no difficulty at all telling her we are busy today and couldn’t possibly take her sister to San Carlos (as if!!!!). Then, being the determined little user that she is, she asked if we could just drive Sis out to the junction. I asked what she would do then, and Alma said she would just walk to San Carlos. Good plan. San Carlos is only about 80 miles away and it’s freezing cold today. No need to elaborate. I just said I don’t think so. Nice talking to you. Goodbye.

Debbra called and wanted a ride to the school, so we decided to take her and then deliver flyers for Homemaking Meeting. Just as we were leaving Henrietta called and had found the bank statements Robert said he needs to see in order to help answer her questions. She wanted to bring them over, but we said we’d be back in about an hour and she could come then. So we hurried to get our flyers delivered, came home, and she never showed. Robert also had two counseling appointments scheduled this evening and neither one showed up. We are so tired of sitting around waiting for no one to come. It would be a huge improvement out here if people could simply learn to call and cancel an appointment.

I’m making heart sugar cookies for Homemaking Meeting. So far I’ve made 180 cookies. I’m making and baking them, then letting the ladies frost and decorate. We’re also making a yarn octopus. And Robert is talking about relationships. It should be a fun pre-Valentine night.

1 comment:

Andi and Cade said...

Tommorrow is Phoenix night out... Tommorrow is Phoenix night out... Tommorrow is Phoenix night out...Tommorrow is Phoenix night out... :) That's what I would be thinking if I were you. :)