December 12, 2006
Another trip to the Bishop’s Storehouse in Snowflake this morning. This time we needed more fruit and candy for the treat bags for the dinner tomorrow. Last week when we called the storehouse and asked if it was appropriate to get food for these bags the lady I talked to said it’s not appropriate to get food for the branch dinner but it’s OK to use the storehouse food for gift bags for the poor and needy. I said, “Well, the good news then is that everyone in Cibecue is needy.” She laughed and said, “You’re right. Feel free to get whatever you want.” So when Robert walked in today she said, “Hi! Still working on your gift bags I see.” She’s a very sweet lady.
We left for Snowflake early and stopped by Wal-Mart. We left pictures to be developed because we wanted to give Elder Meeks the pictures of him making the table runner for his mom. He said no one would believe he actually made it, so we took pictures for him to send with it to document that he’s telling the truth. We also hoped we could beat the crowd at Wal-Mart and that turned out to be true. It was very pleasant there at 8:30 in the morning.
While they were filling the order in Snowflake we went to the post office and got the oil changed in the truck and went to Ace Hardware. We received a wedding invitation from Jann Cooke in Victor. She’s a principal we worked with there and her daughter is marrying Craig Kunz’ son. The invitation said they’re registered at Ace Hardware so we hoped we could buy a gift and have it sent to them. Apparently that’s not done out here and we’ll have to try online.
Then we went back to Show Low and got our pictures at Wal-Mart, ate a Teriyaki Bowl at Samarai Sam’s, got groceries and went home. Back in Cibecue we delivered 3 turkeys the storehouse gave us to Cecil Ivins, Cheryl Enriquez and Byron Colletata. We saw the Elders at Cheryl’s house and they asked us to stop by another place and invite the family to the dinner tomorrow. Got home just in time to fix dinner for the Elders, finish Elder Meeks’ table runner (I had to buy more glitter at Wal-Mart…the Apache women really like glitter, I’ve discovered) and go over for our ARP meeting…no attendees again but we used the time to repair the table runner the children destroyed when I put it on display at church and Robert worked on more treat bags. Finally home at 9:30 tonight and looking forward to tomorrow. I’ve worried so much about this dinner I’ll be glad to get it done.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment