December 6, 2006
Aaaargh! Our lives have fallen under the control of the infamous time gobbler! And everyone knows how much we love losing control. We brought Cheryl and her two foster daughters to Show Low to do some Christmas shopping. This was fine because we needed to pick up food from the Bishop’s Storehouse in Snowflake. So we dropped them off at Wal-Mart from 10:00 – 1:00. Besides the food order we had time to mail our Christmas cards, stop at the LDS bookstore, and get groceries. Cheryl had also asked us to go through Whiteriver, which was easy enough to do on the way home. She needed to stop at the bank and also get a new cell phone. The cell phone part should have set off major warning signals in our brains, but somehow we missed the cue. On the way to Whiteriver she also said, “I could stop at Basha’s, too (the grocery store).” By now we were getting a tiny bit suspicious. I warned Robert to settle back and relax, because I’d played this game with Cheryl before. However, she still managed a sneak attack.
After sitting in the parking lot for an hour waiting for her to complete her errands, Naysha comes over to the truck and announces that if we can wait one more hour Aunty can get the cell phone today. Now Aunty Cheryl told us earlier that she’s coming to Whiteriver again tomorrow. At that time we asked if she couldn’t do the banking/cell phone stuff then. They all looked at us like we’d sprouted horns and devil tails all at the same time. So we just let that drop. Now we actually had the gall to suggest that perhaps they could pick up the cell phone tomorrow. Naysha quickly assured us that was not a possibility.
So we’ve now spent 90 minutes sitting in the truck in the Basha’s parking lot. Fortunately, there was a very nice couple standing nearby who were kind enough to entertain us by practically making a baby while we watched. We were very sorry to see them leave. Now we think we’re desperate enough to walk around the parking lot and look at the trash people are trying to sell. Besides, we have to go to the bathroom.
On a more upbeat note, Robert got a call from a young man we met while visiting yesterday. He wants Robert to pick him up for scouts tonight. So far, the new Boy Scout troop has been quite successful. Wouldn’t you know the one church program Robert is totally burned out on would be the flaming success of the mission thus far?
So we got home late, hurried and fixed dinner since we never had lunch, and started picking up boys for Boy Scouts. That took an hour. Now I’m waiting for Robert to come back so we can take them all home again.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
You are amazing people. How have you kept from slapping that woman! 2 hours..
okay, the church is true.. Please excuse the outburst...
Well, I spent my afternoon waiting for Ethan's bowel movement to see if the metal ball he swallowed the other day had "passed through." (No joke. And he swallowed it two days after I said, "you need to stop doing that because you're going to swallow one of those things." Sound familiar?) While waiting for the bowel movement, I prepped for cub scouts. We've already had the discussion about no rough-housing inside or discussing your genitals, so things are going just peachy on that front.
You know, when you guys arrive for Christmas, I have a couple of errands I'd like you drive me to do.....
Post a Comment