Saturday, December 16, 2006

Dec 16

December 16, 2006

We only had one phone call and one visitor today, other than family calls, which we like and welcome. We can usually count on the family to be sober when they call.

The phone call was from Robert Ivins. He came over last night and wanted Robert to give him money to help him pay for repairs to his truck. Robert gave him and bag of Christmas candy, some fudge, and our best wishes. He called this morning to ask if Robert would save some bags of candy for his sons who are coming home for Christmas. They attend a boarding school somewhere.

The visitor was a girl in the branch who needed tables and chairs for a wedding. So Robert spent an hour loading up tables and chairs and taking them to the gym where he proceeded to unload them. He tried to call P. Bonito and get permission but he was out of the area so we made an executive decision, which usually gets us in a lot of trouble.

Other than that we cleaned, made fudge to take to California for Christmas, made Kris Bever’s cereal candy to take to the Primary kids tomorrow, and got Primary and Sunday School stuff ready for tomorrow. I gave Robert a haircut. I’m getting much better at this…no more mini-mohawks, I hope.

A very pleasant day. It was a break that was much needed.

Family news…Shawn and Veda and kids arrived safely in Arkansas. Tonight will be their first night in their new house.

3 comments:

HMarie said...

What a dinner! I loved the menu, and I'm really glad you had so many people attend. That's one thing about missionaries--they inject a fresh perspective into the branches and wards. The regulars get burned out with the same old, same old. I think you're doing some great service in Cibecue.

Our ward had its annual Christmas breakfast this morning. They served breakfast casserole that was definitely NOT going to be served here for Christmas. Beckie and I spent a very pleasant afternoon doing Christmas baking. Although Beckie now wants to give away our goodies to the neighbors. The nerve! Like Christmas is for sharing...

glo said...

Yeah, yeah. I'll take the kids away for an hour to sing some songs. You'll be singing my praises when the silence hits you.

I'm so glad you guys rested today. You were sounding very tired. Hope you get the tables and chairs back. Church could be rather unfortunate without them.

Andi and Cade said...

Oh, fudge... baking.. All this talk is getting me much to excited for California! I can hear the calories calling my name already! HERE I COME!!