December 8, 2006
This was a great day. I discovered that Robert truly is a saint. He had justifiable cause to kill me and didn’t even yell at me. More later.
We had our Family Services Christmas party. It was lovely, except I was annoyed that we played the game with the gifts where you take gifts away from people and nobody did it. I hate it when you play that game and everyone is nice. Robert and I did our share. We each took a gift away from someone else and they just selected a new one out of the pile of unopened gifts. DULL!
The party really was nice, though. Chris Frasier and Ken Brown go out of their way to make us all feel loved and appreciated. We started by seeing a cheesy but good video called “Christmas Mission” or “Mission Christmas” (can’t remember which...the dyslexia is getting worse.) We all cried. Then we went to a beautiful place for lunch. It was a bed and breakfast in Snowflake called Heritage House.
After the party we did some shopping. We actually braved Wal-Mart, had some pictures developed there, then stopped at the LDS Bookstore and Penney’s. This is the part about me deserving to get killed. Wal-Mart is clear across town from K-Mart. The last stop we made was K-Mart. The main thing I wanted to get today was more spray-on glitter for some of the ladies who made the table runners because we ran out on Thursday night. The only place I can get it is Wal-Mart. Well, we spent a whole hour in Wal-Mart and guess where I remembered the glitter? Yep, K-Mart. That meant we had to go back to Wal-Mart which is like going from Rexburg to St. Anthony, back to Rexburg, back to St. Anthony and then to Island Park. I was furious with myself for forgetting it but Robert stayed calm, at least on the outside.
Finally got home about 6:30 and the Elders were here. We had the chili I left in the crockpot this morning then they went over to the church and played basketball and we went to bed. The Elders aren’t so good at keeping bedtime rules when they’re in Cibecue.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment