May 11, 2007
We are happy and relieved tonight that Beckie is all right. She was in an accident this morning, and while we’re sad that her car got wrecked we feel incredibly blessed that she walked away without injury.
Last night we had 9 women come to homemaking. We did scrapbooking again, because that’s what they wanted to do last time. The ones who came really enjoyed it and made lots of pages. I’m not sure the branch can continue to fund this particular activity. We’ll have to talk about it in meeting Sunday.
Today we had interviews in Show Low. President Buttars’ training was on the Atonement, and was, as always very interesting and inspiring. We had a good talk with him, then went to lunch with Rosie and Steve. We spent a long time just talking with them at lunch, and then President Buttars and the Petersons, who are going home in July (both Buttars and Petersons) came into the restaurant. That’s twice we’ve met President Buttars at a restaurant. He must think all we do is eat out.
We spent the rest of the afternoon in Show Low. We did some shopping then decided to go to a movie. We were determined not to come home early because the scouts had a camping trip planned for today. We didn’t want to get here before they left. So we saw Spiderman 3 again, and enjoyed it even more the second time. I also bought some more scrapbooking supplies.
The weather is getting pretty hot here. Summer is definitely on its way.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




3 comments:
I'm really glad the funeral was a healing experience. And glad that too that Beckie is sporting a few bruises and a really ugly rental car. The phone calls that start, "I'm fine but..." are not the ones you like receiving. Scrapbooking is an expensive hobby! What with redecorating the branch and the activities, the branch budget is probably getting stretched.
We had a great albeit brief time in Logan. Next time would it be OK if we stayed at least 24 hours?
Grandma, I have to tell you something about Ethan's new shirt. He doesn't dare wear it in public because he doesn't want anyone to think he really does that stuff! I've told him it's just a shirt, no one would ever believe he would do such things, etc. Unfortunately, the shirt has been demoted to a pajamas shirt, since "everyone knows pajamas are just for fun." What a crack-up!
Laughing - I didn't know that Ethan story - how I adore that child.
Well, it's official. My car is dead. I was a bad car mommy. Also, however, the intersection where the accident happened is getting revamped. Coincidence? (Probably) I think not (I hope my insurance company agrees).
Post a Comment