Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 12-13 07

May 12, 2007

Our lives once again revolve around Ricky and Cheryl. After cleaning house this morning, we went to Whiteriver to pick up the cake for their party tomorrow. Ricky wanted to ride out to the junction with us so he could walk the mountains looking for elk antlers. We dropped him off then went to Basha’s in Whiteriver. We got the cake, some Kool-Aid and watermelon for Cheryl and a few things for us. When we got finished we came back and picked up Ricky again. He didn’t find any antlers.

We came home and worked on stuff for tomorrow.

We’re trying very hard to ignore the open sewer line running into the street and down into the river by the bridge. It’s far enough away that we can’t smell it at the house but driving by is pure torture.


May 13, 2007

Since yesterday was so boring we’ll just include Mother’s Day on this page, too. Last night I thought I’d have the Primary kids make some tissue paper flowers for Mother’s Day, but when I started making one I could see it was way too complicated. So I just took stuff over for them to make cards for their mothers and they really liked that. Roma came about halfway through and brought cakes in disposable tin foil pans. While I worked on cards she let kids come over into the other room and frost and decorate the cakes. After church they got the cakes and gave them to their mothers. We were delighted with this whole project. Not only was it fun for the kids but it was great to have Roma so involved.

We found a big spider in the Primary room. The kids said it was a baby (I only hope I never see a grown one) tarantula because it had hairy legs. I told them I was too scared to kill it, so 10-year-old Arnell said, “I know what to do” and ran out of the room. He went downstairs and got his teenage sister, who came to our rescue. She cornered the spider and said now how should I kill it. Just then our little ADHD Jaden took of his shoe. I grabbed it and gave it to Clarissa and it became the murder weapon. I was only a little embarrassed that a teenage girl had to rescue us. Stupid Arnell. I thought he’d at least have the good sense to get one of the men.

We had a nice program. Faith and Keegan both read stories about mothers and President spoke. He gave a great talk. They gave each sister a red and a white rose and a Hershey’s candy bar. Very nice. Chocolate and roses. How can you go wrong?

After church we went to Cheryl’s belated birthday/Mother’s Day party. It was nice. She had worked hard and cooked a lot of food…42 fry breads, 40 tortillas, a turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, and salad. For dessert she served the cakes we got yesterday and some ice cream and jello. They put the cake, ice cream and jello all on one plate. We haven’t been able to develop a taste for cake and jello yet. Cheryl gave me a lovely Kleenex holder her friend had made and a beautiful Mother’s Day card. Her mother, Angeline, gave me a Mother’s Day cake from Basha’s. At church Maxine gave me a picture of their family with a sweet thought on it.

Of course the kids all called. I loved talking to all of them. Happy Mother’s Day to everyone.

No comments: