Friday, May 25, 2007

May 25 07

May 25, 2007

We always spend a lot of time preparing meals on the day the missionaries are here. We had scrambled eggs and corn muffins for breakfast, tacos for lunch, and pork chops and rice for dinner.

We visited with Thelma and she helped plan the next Fast Sunday lunch. She was great. Lots of good ideas and tickled to be included. Alfred is still sick so Robert and the Elders gave him a blessing tonight.

We have been looking all over for Byron and finally ran into him in the store. Robert gave him a book Beckie gave us called “When Tough Things Happen.” We hope it helps him.

We visited Simpson. Robert talked to him for a while and invited him to church.

About 4:30 Maxine called and asked us to a promotion celebration for her cousin. So we ate dinner over there and the Elders got to eat the pork chops all by themselves.

This evening I worked on Primary and we found out we’re the speakers for Sunday. Robert worked on his talk for a while.

I still have a bad cold and just can’t get feeling better.

2 comments:

glo said...

You need to go to the doctor. Your cold may be allergies that aren't well controlled.

In case you were wondering...

HMarie said...

Sorry I've been off the radar for a while. Somehow the month of May went by in a blur. I think I've been in denial most of the month since I got snowed on in Utah. But thanks to therapy I've come out of my shell.

Sounds like you all are dying of boredom out there on the reservation. I'm glad you get to take some breaks over the next couple of months. Although I'm not sure hanging out with the grandkids is much of a break.