Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Aug 14 07

August 13-14, 2007

Not too much to say about yesterday. Robert golfed, I stayed home, then we drove around and reminded people about the Temple. Robert talked to Irene on his way to golf and she said she would stop by last night and tell us if she wanted to go. This is like the 5th time we’ve invited her, so we were betting she wouldn’t show again. We were pleasantly surprised, and shocked, when she came by about 9:00 and said she wanted to go. That was balanced by our disappointment when Cheryl called and said she wasn’t going because she doesn’t have anything to wear. What the heck happened to my blue skirt? She said she didn’t want to wear the same outfit she wore on the one and only time she’s been to the Temple. So now this is Cheryl, the fashion guru???

The highlight of our experience here has always been going to the Temple, so today was a great day. Murphy, Alfred and Thelma are faithful attenders. Betty went for the 2nd time. We think she would have gone before except for the death of her daughter. Irene went. The Elders came with a member from Show Low and Maxine met us there, so that made 11 endowments completed by representatives of our Cibecue Branch. It was a great day.

After returning from the Temple we went to Betty’s and filled out a food order to pick up for her tomorrow, then had our usual perfect attendance at our ARP meeting (zero).

The Temple is the greatest miracle we’ve seen out here, but there are others. We need to remember to tell about those, too. Sometimes they’re just little things, like the music. Being the OCD person that I am, I have always planned the songs for Sunday 3 months in advance. A few weeks ago I got busy and picked songs for every week until the end of our mission. Obsessive, obsessive, I know. This past Sunday we had a great Sacrament meeting. Abbitt talked about the Atonement, and the rest hymn I had chosen, weeks ago, was “Jesus Savior Pilot Me.” Perfect. President Bonito talked about all the tests and challenges our members have and the importance of finding joy in life through faith. The closing song was “Come Ye Disconsolate” which ends every verse with the line, “Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.” What are the odds of picking songs weeks in advance, no clue what the topic will be, and ending up with the perfect songs to reinforce the message? Just a small example of how we can see the Lord’s hand in everything here.

3 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

Oh Cheryl.. Dear Cheryl :) Glad you had another wonderful day at the temple.

It's been awhile since Cade and I have been.. I'm starting to wonder if the Cibecue branch has outdone us this summer! We better get on it, thanks for the inspiration!

HMarie said...

Allison announced today that she was living a boring life. Want to take her back to the rez for a couple of weeks? Sounds like she could use some perspective.

Nirmada said...

I love that quote. We'll have to sing that song in sacrament meeting.