Sunday, August 19, 2007

Aug 18 07

August 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!!! Eleven months today!

Our new missionary is Elder Wahlquist from Escondido. He’s great. He’s been out 9 months and was in the MTC with Elder Miller. A real advantage, as he understands Elder Miller’s situation. They were very good together. It was fun to see Elder Miller share the lead more than he did with Rogers. Miller was more outgoing and talkative than he’d ever been before and we enjoyed both of them. They were supposed to come on Thursday night, but Elder Wahlquist was sick, so they came Friday. Then they got mixed up and had overscheduled Saturday afternoon, so had to leave right after lunch. I had a big round steak I had put in the crock-pot, so they’ll be getting beef sandwiches when they come back next week. Robert couldn’t eat the whole things because of the Family Challenge.

After the Elders left we had a chance to do some studying, then Roma showed up. She needed help printing her son’s flight itinerary to go back to college today. Southwest hadn’t e-mailed it to her, so we had to call them and have them e-mail it to me, then we printed it for her. Then she spent the next hour and a half talking. She told me about everything from her son’s computer to her personal finances. I was terrified she was either going to start on their sex life next or ask for money, but she didn’t do either one. We really like Roma and enjoyed having her stop by. Casper came with her, but he’s as quiet as the ghost he’s named after, so he’s never a problem. He just likes to eat anything we’re willing to give him. We usually feed him dinner when he comes to read, but today we limited his intake to candy and fruit.

We ended the day trying to find Byron to help him prepare his first Sunday School lesson to give tomorrow. He was nowhere to be found and I’m betting he doesn’t show tomorrow.

2 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! That is great news..

I laughed right out loud at the Casper comment.. I don't really know why but I could just imagine you saying it and it made me laugh.

We had a really fun weekend with Sharon and Ray. Glad we did it because now I'm an official Happy Hooker and I'm loving it.

HMarie said...

Okay, Happy Hooker??? This is not a phrase I expected to encounter in a mission blog.