August 17, 2007
Family Services Staff Meeting began at 12:00 today at Eva’s in Snowflake. We discussed programs to stop abuse, especially a program called Fatherhood is Sacred. Ken said many groups now are approaching family violence in terms of how to build a happy family rather than just focusing on the violence. He said if alcohol is involved you shouldn’t tell the man to stop drinking. He already knows he should do that. Rather these programs try to teach both parents positive and productive things to do in their families. An LDS Native American named Albert Pooley started the Fatherhood program and he does a lot of workshops on reservations. Wonder if has Cibecue on his agenda.
We met the new couple that replaced the Hansens in Chinle. They’re from Portland and have a daughter who will be attending BYU-I this year.
Elder Rogers’ replacement is in Cibecue with Elder Miller today. We haven’t met him yet, because we’re sitting in the Safeway parking lot in Pinetop. We left Schwan’s stuff for them for dinner and don’t want to get home early enough to fix it for them or do the dishes.
After our meeting we went to Rush Hour 3. If you liked Rush Hour 1 you’ll really enjoy it, as it’s exactly the same story…same Chinese ambassador, only this time he gets shot, same girl gets kidnapped. We’re not kidding. How much do screenwriters get paid in Hollywood? Obviously it’s not enough. It had some funny parts, but don’t blow the budget on it. Stardust was by far the better movie.
Robert got good news today. Steve, his golf buddy, was at the meeting. They always golf at the country club Steve belongs to and for a long time the pro there let the missionaries golf for free. Then the guy who serves in McNary brought a bunch of people with him and tried to get them on the course for free, and so they said no more perks for any missionaries. Steve was very angry but Robert was OK with it. The last time they went the pro said he’s still going to let Robert play for free because, and I quote, “He’s a nice guy and I like him.” Talk about blessings. This is Robert’s idea of the whole “pouring from heaven” concept. I’d be happy with one sister who would help me with Primary or Relief Society. I keep telling you he’s more successful at this whole thing than I am.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
So Dad gets free golf and you get to do RS and Primary by yourself. You know, I'm beginning to agree with you that something's not quite right out there!
Post a Comment