August 8, 2007
Cleaning day in the trailer. While I was cleaning I was thinking about homemaking tomorrow night. On Sunday I asked Irene Murphy if she will demonstrate how to make cradleboards. She’s never come through even once on anything we’ve ever asked her to do, so I’ve been very worried. I decided I should call her. When she answered her phone I said, “How are you?” She answered fine, then said, well, not really. I asked if she wanted to come over and talk and she did. She spent about an hour here talking about some family problems she’s having. When she was ready to leave she said that when I called she had just walked outside thinking she should call us and come over and talk to us. Just then her phone rang and it was me. The Lord never fails to amaze us.
The rest of the day we waited for piano students…no one came. We got lots done, but I have a hard time justifying hanging around for a whole day when we have so much to do. We thought for sure Eric and Rochelle would come, but no. The only person we heard from was Alma wanting a ride to the gym.
Now Robert is with the scouts. He always comes home grouchy, so I decided to go ahead and get the Blog done before the evil scout spirit invades our home.
It’s been a lovely day here. We didn’t even have to turn on the swamp cooler until late afternoon. I so enjoyed having the windows open. There was a little breeze and it stayed quite cool all day. Very nice.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
I don't much blame him for the grouchy-ness.. I've seen scouts! They're crazy! Glad you had a peaceful day, it sounded lovely.
I hope it stays so cool...and note to self that I don't want to come for Scouts.
Post a Comment