Monday, August 20, 2007

Aug 20 07

August 20, 2007

Robert got his golf day with Steve again. He still doesn’t think he should give Steve 12 strokes every time they play. He may be handicapped but he can still walk. He brags to everyone that he plays even with Robert. Right! In the men’s league he is a hot commodity because of his high handicap. Everyone wants him on their team.

I got my quiet day alone, except for President Bonito. He needed me to e-mail some stuff for him for this interpreter team and then I called the man in Salt Lake who is in charge of it. I asked him to be sure and let me know when things are due and I’ll do my best to get them there before the millennium. Things on the reservation just have to move at their own pace.

The Elders came tonight. We had a nice dinner and good conversation with them.

We heard on the news the other night that the average number of days the temperature is 110 or higher in Phoenix is 10 per year. So far this year they have had 24 days. The record is 28 and today on the news they said they think they’ll break that record by this weekend. Now I feel better about how much I’ve complained about the heat.

We are so proud of all the family and how well they’re doing with the family challenge. This is getting to be really exciting.

2 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

Salt Lake is also having record highs. The only difference when you get here will be our record highs are any time over 100 instead of 110.. Not much difference. :)

glo said...

I just bought my ticket! Are you dead-set on making me regret doing your bidding, woman?!