Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Aug 21 07

August 21, 2007

Once again we jumped enthusiastically out of bed to do our walking. While it’s hard to imagine us doing anything enthusiastically before 10:00 AM, we are actually starting to look forward to our walk and getting up more willingly every morning. It would be nice to have some alternatives to the same program every day, but for right now that’s all we have and we’re enjoying it.

I had a disaster with getting my pictures developed. It’s much too long to tell about here but the bottom line is I learned something new and very important about how the computer works. The bad news it cost us about $50 to gain that new knowledge. Nevertheless, the pictures are developed and I’m set to scrapbook some more.

Robert went with the Elders this afternoon. They visited several families and he introduced them to Elder Wahlquist. He also put up flyers for homemaking meeting and got signatures on the papers that need to be faxed to Salt Lake for the interpreters.

What was I doing all this time? Cooking, for one thing. In addition to the 3 meals I fixed for the Elders I made Snickerdoodles and then spent about 2 hours trying to figure out just what the h… I did to the picture order.

The Elders taught a lesson to Rocky and Raymond. These are 2 brothers, 12 and 13, who come to Scouts. One day Robert was talking to Casper about getting the priesthood and Raymond asked what that meant. Robert told him a little bit then asked if he would like the missionaries to come and tell him more about the church. They have now taught 2 lessons to them and both boys have said they’d like to be baptized. At dinner tonight we reminded the Elders that now would be a good time to be sure Dad is in favor of them joining the church.

We actually had a really good day today. It started with the usually phone call from Ricky, but that’s pretty much standard. He needed a ride to the community center. Later he asked for a ride to the rodeo grounds, but when we called to tell him we were ready to go he said he couldn’t because the baby, Timmy, was sick. He said they were going to call the EMT’s and have them come check him. Cheryl just called about 15 minutes ago and said they were in the hospital. This is the 3rd or 4th time he’s been in the hospital since we got here. He just doesn’t seem to have much resistance to infection.

Right now we’re on our way home from Show Low. We went to Wal-Mart to figure out what was wrong with our pictures. They explained very politely how it was all my fault, and sent me home with appropriately low self esteem. Robert of course never really gets mad at me over these things. If he murdered me tonight it would be justifiable homicide. But he says he’d never let me get released from the mission this early.

2 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

The best thing about computer mistakes is you'll never do it again! That lesson is going to stick forever :).. especially when the mistake is expensive. I'll have to call you and be warned so I don't do the same thing.

Veda said...

Computers are like men. You can't live with them and you can't live without them! =)