Happy Birthday Heather! Hope you had a good birthday.
August 1, 2007
Robert had a huge day today while I kind of took it easy. This is becoming a recurrent theme this week and I’m loving it but he’s exhausted.
Ricky and Cheryl asked us yesterday if we’d take them to Whiteriver to go to the bank. We were supposed to pick them up at 9:00, but about five minutes to 9 Pres Bonito’s twin brother came up to the door and wanted to talk to the “psychologist.” I figured that let me out, so Robert spent the next 2 hours giving him marriage counseling. Then he went to get Ricky and Cheryl, but since I needed to be here for piano lessons, which started up again today, I couldn’t go with him and get back in time. So I stayed here and cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed and dusted and believe me I had the better job.
What should have been a 2 – 2 ½ hour trip took 4 ½ hours. After stopping at the bank they did their “We just need to pick up some milk” routine and Robert was stuck waiting for them most of the afternoon. I gave 2 piano lessons, Rochelle and Jared, both Thelma’s kids. They were great and I actually enjoyed doing it.
Bro Wilcock couldn’t come tonight for scouts but Robert didn’t want to cancel again so he asked Ricky if he’d come and help. Ricky said he would but never showed up. Robert had them make the biscuit individual pizzas and that went well. But when he took them home some of the boys who have been troublemakers ever since they started coming were throwing rocks out of the van and wouldn’t stop even after Robert asked them several times. Also as they passed people they would yell derogatory remarks and call the people bad names. Again Robert asked them to stop. He was so frustrated by the time he got to their home that he told them he wouldn’t pick them up any more. They said fine, we’ll just quit, and Robert cried big huge tears as he pulled out of the driveway. As he left they threw rocks at the van.
These are the same boys that Thelma had trouble with on the camping trip. She said there are a lot of nice kids in town who won’t come to scouts because these boys come and they have such a bad reputation. So now maybe some of those nicer kids can start coming. We sincerely hope they don’t find another ride.
Alma called. Once again I am a prophetess. When she left Gilbert the last time we went and got some of her things from his house. When we took them to her she brought Famisha out to the car and said she thought we’d like to see her for the last time. As we drove off I told Robert I’d give her 2 weeks until she’d be back. Actually I was wrong because she came back in less than 2 weeks.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment