Monday, August 06, 2007

Aug 6 07

August 6, 2007

Robert’s on the phone talking to Cade so I get to write the Blog…without any input from him…now it’ll be all about me, me, me…only me! What a glorious day.

I have pink eye. OK, so when you get a chance to write all about yourself maybe that’s not the best starter. But it’s true. I was miserable all weekend…partly because my eyes were itchy, burny, watery and generally darn uncomfortable. And partly because I knew this mess was all my fault. I know the exact moment out on the rez I got tired and rubbed my eyes. As soon as I did it I knew I was in trouble. I know better than to do such a foolish thing. We went to urgent care this morning and got the needed antibiotic drops. I feel slightly better tonight.

We’re in Phoenix. Dad is on another redecorating rampage. We’re picking up a kitchen table and chairs for Thelma tomorrow morning. Plus she’s meeting us at DI with another truck to take home—get this—4 dressers, a couch, a chair, and who knows what else. I’m thinking between her and Dad they’ll pretty much empty the whole store.

We saw “Bourne Ultimatum” today. It was good. Then we had dinner at the Macaroni Grill where we ate with Heather and the kids. We’re staying at the Hampton Inn right next to the restaurant.

Dad called Thelma to confirm that she’s coming tomorrow. She said it’s been raining in Cibecue again and that there’s more flooding.

3 comments:

HMarie said...

So you've left us on tenterhooks--did Thelma make it for the furniture run? Will you be able to get back home with the furniture? Is Dad doing all this DI stuff because he feels guilty for unloading all the CRA... on them last summer?

Don't leave us in suspense!

Andi and Cade said...

I am so sorry for your eye! I had the same thing last week, but it didn't get THAT bad! G's hope if feels better soon.

Nirmada said...

I don't understand you. Alli has always felt the "I've got pink eye" is a great conversation starter. Just the other day, she whipped it out as we looked at a house. Never fails to get a reaction.