September 10, 2007
Happy Birthday, Randy! Hope you had a good day.
Other than Randy’s birthday, there’s not much to write about today. Robert went golfing and I did some scrapbooking. When he came home we ran around and tried to find out who wants to go to the temple on Saturday. A little temple like Snowflake where you have to make appointments is not very friendly to the reservation. It’s so hard to get people to commit to anything in the future and the temple wants us to reserve places at least a month ahead of time. It’s our personal opinion that the temple is not large enough for this area, but the general leadership of the church has historically been phenomenally uninterested in our opinions.
In our quest for temple attenders we talked to Irene and discovered that she’s too busy to do Homemaking Meeting on Thursday. Now I have to come up with something I can do by myself with 2 days to plan it. When we got in the truck Robert asked if I was surprised. I tried hard not to laugh at him and just said no. Guess that shows we have learned something on our mission. We are rarely surprised by anything that happens out here.
We also talked to Pres Bonito. He’s very discouraged right now and experiencing some serious burnout. We don’t blame him. He has no support—no counselors that take any of the load off his shoulders, no Relief Society President, no one who counsels him and helps him make decisions. It’s a tough job. And he’s getting very nervous about the interpreting. Me too. I still haven’t received his travel itinerary. I e-mailed Salt Lake and they said they don’t have travel plans because we didn’t reply to the itinerary. I replied that it’s hard to reply to something we never received. We haven’t heard any more so guess I’ll have to e-mail again. They sent us Cecil Ivins’ itinerary, which we replied to that very day, but not the Bonitos. Maybe they sent it to the LDS mail account, but I haven’t been able to access that and have asked repreatedly, and I do mean repeatedly, for them to send any info about the interpreters to my e-mail address.
Thelma called Robert today to tell him why she didn’t come to church yesterday. She said her brother came over to visit her and told her he had rope in the car and was planning to kill himself. So they called 911 and the ambulance took him to the hospital and they were up there with him most of the day. That’s a pretty legitimate excuse for missing church I guess. Eric and Jared came, so that’s a good thing.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




1 comment:
Oh gosh. I'll be absolutely ILL if he can't participate.
Post a Comment