September 7, 2007
This was a cooking/missionary splits day. We’ve decided that on the days that I have to cook for the Elders Robert will go on splits with them. That gives me some time to work on Primary and Relief Society while Robert is out visiting. It’s been very helpful in keeping me from getting so overwhelmed. And it’s been helpful for Robert to know who the Elders have visited and in giving them some guidance. This pair isn’t quite as gung-ho as the others have been and they seem to do well with a little added structure. Also it means Robert drives and that saves them a lot of mileage.
Before he went with the missionaries, Robert and I visited a couple of people. Pres Bonito called and said he heard Shawna and her husband are getting a divorce and asked if we’d visit with her. This was the first time we’ve talked with her in several months. She was friendly enough, but her grandmother was there and we couldn’t get Shawna to talk about anything personal in front of her. I asked if she would help with Homemaking meeting again and she said yes, but we’ll see if she really does. Of course she didn’t say anything about a divorce. We invited her to come over and visit us, but doubt she’ll do that.
They taught another lesson to Rocky and Raymond, and set a baptismal date on Sept 16. These two boys asked about the church after coming to scouts, so they are a great success story for the scout program. Robert and the Elders also visited several inactive families and are making good progress on visiting everyone on our branch membership list.
When we went to get the mail we saw Alfred and Thelma. They said Eric got up early this morning and said he was going for a walk. He hadn’t come back and Robert was a little worried about him. Thelma called about 4:30 and said he was back, so Robert and the Elders went to visit with him after Rocky and Raymond’s lesson. He was feeling much better today. Robert thinks he’s a bit bipolar. Aren’t we all out here? The reservation seems to do that to people. Nevertheless, he needs a lot of prayers right now. He wants to get on track to go to the temple, but has some issues he needs to overcome.
After the missionaries left Danetra and Martika came and said some boys were bothering them and shooting something at them. Martika is Roletta’s daughter, and asked if we could take them both to her house, which is up by Desert Storm. Danetra is Isaac’s sister, so she lives just above us, but said she was spending the night at Martika’s. We went by Irene’s so they could tell her we were taking them home…Irene is Roletta’s mother, and therefore Martika’s grandmother, and we didn’t want to make her worry about where the girls went. We try not to run people all over after dark, but Martika seemed genuinely upset and we felt we needed to help her out.
It was such a nice afternoon here. It rained most of the afternoon, which meant cooler temperatures. I turned off the TV and sat at the kitchen table listening to the rain and doing my work. It was very pleasant and the end result is that I now have Primary lessons prepared through the end of October. No, Robert hasn’t had much success treating my OCD.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
That's impressive stuff! Primary lessons to the end of October!! I wish I could get that ahead in my lessons.. Then I wouldn't be sitting here on Saturday night for hours doing my lesson for YW. . Oh well
I also had a less than successful day of cleaning the house. I bought a lime away for the toilets which actually works amazingly... (Called The Works) and when it worked so well I decided to try it on another stain on the toilet seat.. well the toilet seats aren't porcelain (FYI) so the lime away obviously eats paint too.. Yeah, we're going to have to replace that one.
PS I fixed the paint removal.. Actually there must have been divine intervention...
I just went in to the bathroom and can't see anything on the seat. Hmmm Coincidence I guess ;)
Post a Comment